1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tech says tubes can't change amp sound

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by Twanginator, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Heph333

Heph333 TDPRI Member

I can't hear a difference. That doesn't mean someone else can't. It does mean that the difference may be subtle. I also know that I could mic up a genuine Soldano SLO, post a video on Youtube saying it's a VST and I'll get a dozen comments saying "doesn't sound like the real thing".

Regardless of the reality of tubes, it sounds like this tech is rather opinionated & very pushy with his opinions. While he may be an outstanding tech, he's crap at customer service. I imagine being so opinionated causes a lot of unnecessary conflict with customers. I would pass on grumpy tech & look for someone who understands that the "customer is always right".

Bluey likes this.
  2. Bluey

Bluey Tele-Meister

Play a Egnater with the tube blend EL84 / 6v6 to some people and they can comment on the difference while others just think your tripping. My conclusion is it matters more to the player while most punters in the crowd either wouldnt know any difference or even care.

3. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Poster Extraordinaire

His ears must be shot.

I won't say there's a million dollars worth of difference, but there's going to be noticeable nuances.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.