1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tech 21 TradeMark 30, don't sound

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by J.Ignacio, Feb 26, 2021.

1. J.Ignacio

J.Ignacio TDPRI Member

Hi.
    First, sorry for me bad English.

I do this post to ask for help to resolve a problem with this amp. At firts it worked fine but a day I try to use the loop effect and then amp started to drop the volume when I disconnect the loop.
    Now don't have sound from the Input Guitar. But if I connect the guitar in the RETURN LOOP, sound.
    I cleaned all the jacks, and tested all the potentiometers and don't have results.
    Also, Headphone jack input sound very low.
    I think problem is in preamp section but people from TECH21 tell me that he can't sent me the schematic.

A short video. In some position of SansAmps the guitar is very very low but sound.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YkgsX2M0AwSWOurArOiT2pUtuXMuyjgl/view?usp=sharing

THANKS!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    ale.istotle likes this.
  2. guitar_paul1

guitar_paul1 Tele-Meister

Maybe a local repair shop will let you look at the schematic? Or order it for you?

Otherwise you could use a signal tracer to follow the input signal and find where it stops.

3. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Try a patch cable in the FX loop. If that works, it's the switching that's 'sticky' No harm will come leaving a patch cable inserted.

4. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

NAD: Tech21 TM60, but no sound on Ch1

This was in the sites Amp Central forum in January of this year. Different modal amp, but your problem sounds kind of similar. Sorry I don’t know how to give you the direct link. Good luck. Good amp.

ale.istotle likes this.
  5. ale.istotle

ale.istotle Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jim622 likes this.
  6. ale.istotle

ale.istotle Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Clean all the potentiometers. The thing about Tech21NYC is the analog signal path. It is sensitive to any disruption in the signal. The places you can disrupt the signal are, as you have already seen, in the jacks and also in the potentiometers. I have the trademark 60 and about once per year I remove the amp head (UNPLUG IT FIRST) from the cabinet, spray contact cleaner in each potentiometer and work it back and forth a few times. Do one, then move to the next one.
    You should probably clean the character switches too.

This is unlikely, but check to make sure the knobs are tight and pointing the right way too. Buena suerte.

Jim622 likes this.
  7. J.Ignacio

J.Ignacio TDPRI Member

Thanks for your answers. Sorry for the late respond.

Yes, I have try with a patch cable in the FX loop. Didn't work. I cleaned all the potentiometers. I disolder them and test with the tester. All values are rigth.
    I recent buy new jacks to change the actual jacks.

Again. Thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.