Team Johnny Depp

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris m.

Doctor of Teleocity
I predict Depp will lose his lawsuit, and Heard will lose her countersuit, and neither will get a penny. From what they're saying in Hollywood, neither will ever work again, so maybe their only option to make money now is to do a reality show together? 😂
I think Depp's big mistake was filing suit in the first place. As long as she believes what she said is true, and didn't knowingly slander Depp by knowingly lying, he has no case. And that's extremely difficult to prove. The bar for slander/libel is lower in the U.K., and he didn't win there against the Sun. The judge found substantial factual evidence that he had indeed hit Heard on more than one occasion. Any good P.R. advisor would have said to not blow it up into a big thing but to just let it go. Instead now it has gone viral and is taking up dozens of news cycles.

Last edited:

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Haven't watched a minute of this but I'm pretty sure they'll both work again. There's an awful lot of people who live for this stuff.

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
Closing arguments coming May 27. I have only viewed random clips from this trial and read various parts of the testimony, but will watch the closing arguments. It's painfully obvious to me Heard is a scheming, lying, sociopathic parasite. I'm no Depp fanboy, but am hoping he wins with a verdict of $50 million plus an additional $50 million in punitive damages to equal Ms. Heard's ridiculous countersuit. Not that she'll ever actually pay anything, of course, but at least Depp will be vindicated.

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
I’m kind of annoyed with the constant posts I see about it, and most times what people are calling Depp charming and funny I just see as smug.

But, the timing is interesting as I’m in the divorce process with my wife, and by all accounts she has displayed similar emotional warfare over the years (and continues to during this process).

I’m no angel and I’m sure Depp isn’t either, but I can appreciate trying to get out of an unhealthy relationship as unscathed as possible.

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
This photo was just leaked, in case anyone's wondering what Amber Heard was writing in the notebook during Camille Vasquez' closing argument:

IMG_2839 2.jpg

zimbo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
It's not OJ but it's still a pretty cool trial. I predict Johnny will be back in the movie business. Amber, not for a while.

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Gotta agree that Depp just looks like a smug bastard I want to slap, so full of himself.
This spectacle has lowered my opinion of both of them. This is Kardashian level drama :rolleyes:

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I've watched bits and pieces of the trial, and much of the testimony is complicated and convoluted. (dealing with movie contracts and future roles, etc.) I have no real opinion, although if I'm not mistaken, at issue is not that actual abuse occurred by/against either party, but whether what she said amounted to legal slander. The main takeaway for me is that Amber Heard is a spoiled and entitled beauty, (probably never told "no" in her life) and Depp is completely burned out from prolonged drug use. If I were a sadist, I'd say the two of them deserve each other. As it is.....I'll NEVER understand how anyone would put up with this behavior (by either party) for more than ONE occurrence. One (maybe two) strike and I'm OUT-OF-THERE!!!!!!!
Maybe spectacles like these serve to remind most of us how good we have it.....and how grateful we should be. ;)

Spox

Tele-Meister
I've watched bits and pieces of the trial, and much of the testimony is complicated and convoluted. (dealing with movie contracts and future roles, etc.) I have no real opinion, although if I'm not mistaken, at issue is not that actual abuse occurred by/against either party, but whether what she said amounted to legal slander. The main takeaway for me is that Amber Heard is a spoiled and entitled beauty, (probably never told "no" in her life) and Depp is completely burned out from prolonged drug use. If I were a sadist, I'd say the two of them deserve each other. As it is.....I'll NEVER understand how anyone would put up with this behavior (by either party) for more than ONE occurrence. One (maybe two) strike and I'm OUT-OF-THERE!!!!!!!
Maybe spectacles like these serve to remind most of us how good we have it.....and how grateful we should be. ;)
If your life is a burning dumpster car crash the only people who will generally give you the time of day are others who are having a major life wobble. If it is part of a larger circle all of your immediate friends also have dysfunctional relationships apart from the ones who are smart enough to remain on the fringes, that is how I found it anyway. Since straightening up my life I punched well above my weight when it came to relationships, most of them were still a bit touched but had multiple degrees in maths and engineering etc and didn't hit me over the head with things but I wasn't placing myself in situations which warranted being hit over the head in response to my actions.

Re dysfunctional relationships, I had a short relationship with a volatile of the calibre I mentioned previously. We were in a circle of friends and after we split she went into a LTR with someone who is one of my best friends. He's a happy drunkard whereas you don't know which way she's going to go. One night they were drunk and tripping when she, whilst laughing, stabbed him in the head with a corkscrew. When he asked her the next day why she stabbed him she said that she thought that he was a giant bottle of wine and was trying to open him.

GeneB

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I've read about it but not watched it. I agree with posts above that Johnny Depp would have best ignored it. The movie War Games comes to mind: “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.".

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
“Can
It sounds like a mess of a relationship. I hope the truth sorts out, ultimately, and things get resolved.

He's more than a bit of a pariah because of his own choices and actions, for years. That's not cancel culture, that's human society working as designed.
cel culture” isn’t real, and people talking it up are just people afraid of accountability.

I’ve been avoiding watching this, but the anti amber heard backlash is really gross and misogynistic and it’s depressing to see so many people not being aware (or maybe being ok with) it being so clearly fueled by the 4chan/gamergate side of the internet.

I really don’t like circus like gawking at people in pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.