Team Johnny Depp

Status
Not open for further replies.

deytookerjaabs

Friend of Leo's
“Can

cel culture” isn’t real, and people talking it up are just people afraid of accountability.

I’ve been avoiding watching this, but the anti amber heard backlash is really gross and misogynistic and it’s depressing to see so many people not being aware (or maybe being ok with) it being so clearly fueled by the 4chan/gamergate side of the internet.

I really don’t like circus like gawking at people in pain.

Couldn't disagree more. There's always d-bags who will co-opt a story but that doesn't erase the substance of the story.

I didn't watch much of this but there was one spot that creeped me the hell out. Mrs. Heard, a Hollywood party goer, was testifying about some random moment involving drugs. She looked over at the jury and gave this 1920's acting style "I'm a victim" face to them and said something like "and he had...COCAINE" as if an evil man had introduced an evil foreign substance to a land of the innocent. After this total line of nonsense left her mouth there was this sense of self satisfaction as if she either believes we're all playing this game together or she believes she's so bright she fooled everyone at that moment.

Sorry, but people like that who come in all genders & races scare the hell out of me because it's not just someone being sleazy, it's layers deeper.

Last edited:

RoscoeElegante

Friend of Leo's
I like several Johnny Depp movies (especially "Ed Wood"). I don't know a whit about Amber Heard, other than she's an actress. So I understand some degree of interest in their trial.

But, all due respect, isn't this their lives, and their issues, and not ours? We all know how messy relationships can be--maybe even inescapably are. And how painful divorces, fights, strains are. So how about ignoring all this hyper-publicizing of other people's quite intimate and painful issues, and focusing instead on our own lives, or ABBA, or how to dislodge the Yankees from first place, or something?

fred4321

Tele-Meister
Sorry, but people like that who come in all genders & races scare the hell out of me because it's not just someone being sleazy, it's layers deeper.
My 2 cents.
I have read and laughed memes about this spectacle. It occurs to me that these are 2 people who are entitled and don't fully understand how out of touch with real society they are.
I am concerned about this being a very public show. Depp has some questionable company and for both of them-'birds of a feather' so to me they are the same type of people.
It concerns me, that as this is very high stakes and public, that Depp is acting like the classical abuser by exerting as much control over Heard as possible.
I hope that both dont win and move on to more important social needs.

If she has that diagnosis by the psychologist there is a very high probability of suicide.

deytookerjaabs

Friend of Leo's
My 2 cents.
I have read and laughed memes about this spectacle. It occurs to me that these are 2 people who are entitled and don't fully understand how out of touch with real society they are.
I am concerned about this being a very public show. Depp has some questionable company and for both of them-'birds of a feather' so to me they are the same type of people.
It concerns me, that as this is very high stakes and public, that Depp is acting like the classical abuser by exerting as much control over Heard as possible.
I hope that both dont win and move on to more important social needs.

If she has that diagnosis by the psychologist there is a very high probability of suicide.

It all comes down to our instincts. I definitely was privy to some very messed up humans from a young age so I might see things in a jaded overly negative way. But, IMO, while both are certainly fringe members of society I get a vibe from her that gives me an instant "stay away" reaction/feeling. Then again, I get the same vibe from the CEO of Facebook. Maybe he's a nice dude but the esteem he seems to feel in himself as he plays the salesman role just doesn't sit right with me. Then again, any of these people who live lives where they have 10 assistants personally involved in their every move in personal & public life must all be heavily changed by the fact.

I think this whole thing is a good lesson to people who idolize celebrity lifestyle, just peer inside for a minute and you'll see misery everywhere.

fred4321

Tele-Meister
Then again, I get the same vibe from the CEO of Facebook. Maybe he's a nice dude but the esteem he seems to feel in himself as he plays the salesman role just doesn't sit right with me.
You make some good points.
Sadly I get that bad feeling from both of them. Never been a fan of Depp and never knew of Heard until their messy, public shenanigans.

hopdybob

Friend of Leo's
maybe a nice conclusion
celebrity life is a hard life, but may we call it life because you are being lived.
the big winners in this are all those tv shows and lawyers that gain wealth over the hurt off others.

being in the spotlight is some kind om modern prison with all kind of modern pleasure and luxury.
but are you really free?
how many : i love you if friends will surround you, manipulate you for their own profits?

sad this has to happen

zimbo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Amber Heard is just plain nasty and a blatant liar. Said she gave 8 mill divorce money to charity. It was actually just 1 mil to 1 charity and a few thousand to another. If she's caught lying once she's probably lying about everything.

Spox

Tele-Meister
“Can

cel culture” isn’t real, and people talking it up are just people afraid of accountability.

I’ve been avoiding watching this, but the anti amber heard backlash is really gross and misogynistic and it’s depressing to see so many people not being aware (or maybe being ok with) it being so clearly fueled by the 4chan/gamergate side of the internet.

I really don’t like circus like gawking at people in pain.
"Cancel culture isn't real.", tell that to the women, in many cases gay women, who have lost their jobs in law and teaching for stating a basic biolgical fact and who have, in some cases, left the jobs because of orchestrated campaigns against them which included death threats.

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
"Cancel culture isn't real.", tell that to the women, in many cases gay women, who have lost their jobs in law and teaching for stating a basic biolgical fact and who have, in some cases, left the jobs because of orchestrated campaigns against them which included death threats.
That isn't so-called "cancel culture", that is flat-out discrimination. Don't conflate the two. The term "cancel culture" was created by people who couldn't discredit "consequences" so they coined a phrase that they could apply to anything and then orchestrated a campaign to discredit and demonize it. "Cancel Culture" isn't a thing. Actions, words, and choices will ALWAYS have consequences, that will NEVER change.

Last edited:

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Its very unfortunate that a relationship problem is getting lumped in with the entirely different issue of men who habitually abuse women and nen defending mens abuse of women.

For that reason I dont want to take sides or attack the woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.