Team Johnny Depp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
I had this trial on in the background while working from home today, and as he started describing her behavior, it struck such a nerve with me. It's just so similar to the relationship I'm in, the things I've been through... and the ways he tried to cope with it are exactly some of the things I've done-- The trying to make it work, the thinking I could help her or change her, to questioning myself and my truths, to recording the conversations, to hiding in the bathroom. I know he's become a bit of a pariah these days, cancel culture'd, etc. And, at the end of the day, it's hard to feel too bad for a guy that's had so much good fortune in life. But still, I believe what he's saying and can't help but hope he wins this trial. #teamjohnny. #teamanyonestuckwithaBPDwoman

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
I saw TV coverage during lunch and was bemused. Why is he dressed like a gangster? His gift is his appearance, so why not play to it? Just my two cents.

depp.jpeg
d2.jpeg

Last edited:

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
My ex practiced the same method of conflict resolution as the kind Miss Heard is accused of. I was raised to NEVER hit a girl/woman and have never strayed from that ideal. It leaves you with nothing but to hold onto whatever limbs they are throwing at you until they run out of gas and to be alert and duck flying objects.(the ex liked to throw heavy glass or stone ash trays) Many evenings at my part time music store gig the knots on my forehead provided much material for jokes from the guys that hung out there.
All in all it's a very sad situation and I'm glad I got out as soon as I did.

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
I've never been a fan of Johnny Depp and have long felt that Amber Heard is a true beauty by any standard. That said ....... I'm in Depp's corner on this one. I can't fault him for falling for her and I can't fault him for the way thing's turned out.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
My ex practiced the same method of conflict resolution as the kind Miss Heard is accused of. I was raised to NEVER hit a girl/woman and have never strayed from that ideal. It leaves you with nothing but to hold onto whatever limbs they are throwing at you until they run out of gas. Many evenings at my part time music store gig the knots on my forehead provided much material for jokes from the guys that hung out there.
All in all it's a very sad situation and I'm glad I got out as soon as I did.

Exactly. The is no 'right' response when a woman attacks you, but hitting her back is the most wrong for sure.

I'm not even a Depp fan, but I definitely feel bad for him for all the mud she has dragged him through. She's the Sean Young of our times; hopefully she has a hard time finding work like Ms Young did.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I had this trial on in the background while working from home today, and as he started describing her behavior, it struck such a nerve with me. It's just so similar to the relationship I'm in, the things I've been through... and the ways he tried to cope with it are exactly some of the things I've done-- The trying to make it work, the thinking I could help her or change her, to questioning myself and my truths, to recording the conversations, to hiding in the bathroom. I know he's become a bit of a pariah these days, cancel culture'd, etc. And, at the end of the day, it's hard to feel too bad for a guy that's had so much good fortune in life. But still, I believe what he's saying and can't help but hope he wins this trial. #teamjohnny. #teamanyonestuckwithaBPDwoman

It sounds like a mess of a relationship. I hope the truth sorts out, ultimately, and things get resolved.

He's more than a bit of a pariah because of his own choices and actions, for years. That's not cancel culture, that's human society working as designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.