1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Teal green refin for my 67

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Major Gruber, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Bluebird

Bluebird TDPRI Member

Deleted

2. slimdave

slimdave TDPRI Member

That's some serious beautiful guitar there, congrats Major!

3. fiestared69

fiestared69 TDPRI Member

Very Nice Major !! I like the color a lot , kinda like aged/yellowed Ocean Turquoises. ........But it aint no Fiesta Red !!!

4. Major Gruber

Major Gruber Tele-Afflicted

56 vs 67

The 56 is the dreamed Telecaster, the real thing. Rich, generous, pure crystal tone. I've set a 53 champion steel pickup on it and the closest guitar I've tried was a brilliant full original 52. Very nice soft v neck, playing great, it's all I've been dreaming of.

Thus

The 67 is a rock beast. Naughty full bright and deep tone. Very lively and magnificent with some distortion too. The neck is a nice C, the playing is more supple and bending is slightly easier. In fact, it's all I've been needing.

I'm not a pure technician, I have small hands, my relation to a guitar is very instinctive and the physical characteristics can influence my playing. The 56 is amazing to gig with, it's absolutely a fantastic sounding and playing guitar. On the other hand, this 67 has a chemical effect on me, it's like the notes are calling me :eek: It's my millenium falcon!

Just a thought concerning the Telecaster shape. I'm more attracted by the 67 body shape too, because the edges are sharper. I love the contoured Stratocaster body, but for a Telecaster, I think that the sharper is the better.
    I wondered why it could be so… My supposition is that it reminds us of the initial guitar sensation: the sharp edges of an acoustic guitar. And the Telecaster being much thinner than an acoustic, it's the original sensation made much more confortable. It might be a reason why we more or less all feel (at least on this forum) that there's something essential about the Telecaster. Just a thought ;)

5. Antoon

Antoon Tele-Afflicted

Yes I think I get it. It was the neck that you found recently that made you love it the way you do now, right?

I have a refin re-everyting (late) '56 as well. Also with a '53 lap steel pickup (6.2k btw :D)! A refret made all the difference in playability with mine. A change in the neck angle completely changed the sound (lower saddles = mellower tone). Here it is (against my tastefull IKEA furniture)

[​IMG]

6. Major Gruber

Wow! Congratulation, must have been tough to find a 56 matching exactly with the sofa ;)

That's cool, it'd be fun to compare their tone…

7. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

I'm a big green fan & that's a lovely shade & gentle relic + that weathered, all maple neck!

8. 4telecaster4

4telecaster4 Tele-Meister

Great looking guitar. Great color choice!

9. tonyboy

tonyboy TDPRI Member

Beautiful refin there Major. Enjoy it in good health.

10. Major Gruber

Here's the beast in action! For the first time, we organised a proper filming during a gig, can't help sharing it!. 68 strat I lent to the invited guitarist was mine too, now traded for a refin 63 strat…

CWP0126 likes this.
  11. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Woman got a black cat bone, but you got the mean green thing that little queen need!

Major Gruber likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.