TDPRIacaster and the vaguely Tele-ish MIK headstock...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Mike Eskimo, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks to tpaul and milocj here at the TDPRI I was able to assemble my gig guitar :

-Hwy 1 body, Keystone pickups, Wilkinson bridge, flipped plate (milocj)

-1989 MIK Squire Tele neck 1.71 wide at nut, chunky, w/ about an 18" radius fb and the most kinda/sorta headstock shape (at least they tried) ever (tpaul)

I dig it. Bolt on and play. I suppose it could use some fret-filing on some of the uppers but - that's work so...

Love the Keystones, wish the neck pup was white but I don't get hung on stuff like that anymore.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stringbender11

Stringbender11 Tele-Meister

Nice guitar. I have two '89 E series Squier Teles and love the necks on them. Sounds like you put together a great combination.

3. tpaul

tpaul Poster Extraordinaire

I thought that headstock looked familiar! Terrific job, Mike, it came out great! I see you replaced the tuners, too... probably a good idea if you're gigging it.

Thanks for sharing!

4. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

You must be a fantastic player ..Fans biting the headstock... how cool is that:D

5. Stringbender11

Stringbender11 Tele-Meister

Did the neck fit perfect with body, btw? Looks like it did from the pics. I've wondered if the old MIK Squier necks will fit into modern Squier or Fender bodies..

6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Perfect fit neck to body.

I was at milocj's house to purchase the loaded body and had the neck with me. He handed me a screw driver and it went right on ! I was amazed.

Just got back from practice and our singer broke a string so he used it most of the night and said "Crap - now I want one of these !"

I told him it's the only one.

Nibbled headstock ? That's on tpaul ! (thanks again btw !)

7. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

i think the neck pup looks good like that! i think it would actually look a little strange if the neck pup was white and the bridge pup was black. i think it works really well as it is!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.