1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

TDPRI vs. FB

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Stringbanger, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

My wife complained to me last night: "Are you on that guitar forum again?"

When I first started to participate actively here, she assumed that I was talking to women (Matchbook.com) etc.? I said, no I'm talking to guys.:eek:, which may have sounded even more weird to her.

Then I said to her, "remember when you get on FB for anywhere from 1-3 hours "(and I become a NOBODY), and I go outside or go in the basement to work on guitar projects.

I have even shown her some of my posts on this forum. Does anyone else have this significant-other-wondering-what-you-are-doing phenomenon, even though she is doing the same thing?

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I sometimes take a break from the Bad Dog and talk to my wife, but Toto takes over for me while I'm away. Truth be known he's worse than I am about the bad Dog.

Attached Files:

3. JReazor

JReazor Tele-Holic

Nope. I'm usually on line when we're both in the living room watching TV of listening to music of something. She always gets priority and is welcome to come over and look at the screen at any time though she never does.

4. Stringbanger

That's because she's afraid of what she might see.:D

5. flyswatter

flyswatter Friend of Leo's

My wife sees me modding guitars, fixing amps, building speaker cabs, etc, etc all the time. At first I got a lot of flack for the noise and dust it sometimes made, but that was a few years ago and she's gotten used to it.

Nowadays she sees me on TDPRI. I tell her it's where I learn to do the stuff she sees me working on in the workshop. She seems fine with it.

6. Stringbanger

I am glad that you and your wife have some dialogue, otherwise this world would be escalating out of control.

Attached Files:

7. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Yeah, I'm on a couple forums. Her? Hell, on our first date during a beautiful drive to the beach she ignored the scenery to scroll facebook on her phone.

****, I PALE in comparison to her devotion to all things gossip.

8. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

My wife is always impressed with the high level of humour on here. I'm always telling her about something someone posted. She's totally fine with me being on here all the time.

9. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah, mine seems to know when I'm on here...she says she smells bacon.

10. Rolling Estonian

Rolling Estonian Friend of Leo's

In the same boat as Kelnet, I tell her all kinds of stuff from here. Though I must admit, I've been spending a bit more time on a couple other forums that deal with recording and production. I've made that sort of a hobby over the last couple of years, and though the folks are nice and can be humorous, it's a bit more technical and very boring to her. lol

M

11. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I abandoned my FB account about 4 months ago. I've only checked it 3 or 4 times since then. It feels really good that I don't know what everyone had for dinner, or that their kid got a perfect grades at school.

And I'm a man of strong political, social, and religious beliefs. But I even got tired of hearing my own opinions on FB.

"Nothing will ever be solved on Facebook." -TheGoodTexan

12. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

I learn so much about a variety of subjects (not just guitar stuff) on here that she has no problem with it. There are some really sharp people on here.

13. TeleKato

TeleKato Friend of Leo's

SWMBO commented that TDPRI and FB have one thing in common: I post to them and there's often very little response. Hmmm ... I need a better crop of friends. Or I need to shut up.

14. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

I sometimes wonder if anyone reads every thread on tdpri. I check in two or three times a day and there's usually 100+ updated or new threads each time. If I clicked on half, or even a quarter, I would never get anything else done -- then my wife would be cranky!

15. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I share many things I read here with my wife. A great forum with mature (mostly!) opinions from men (mostly) of around my age. Better than FaceBook any day.

16. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I get the occasional rude remark if she's in a bad mood, but can easily redeem the TDPRI by showing her some funny posts.
    Humor is a key ingredient in at least our marriage, and now and then I need a little outside help, so the TDPRI can actually be beneficial to many marital disputes if employed judiciously.

I think it was Cookie Monster singing Tom Waits that first warmed her up to the many wonders here, but she has also enjoyed many memes and other funny stuff grown by our esteemed (and not-so-esteemed) members.
    She loves well crafted trashy humor, what's not to like?

17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

This is very strange, WE share something. When I take a break from the TDPRI, I often reference something that has been said here on the TDPRI that my wife finds either interesting ( thanks mostly to William Telle ) or funny, ( thanks mostly to Bones :D). At any rate, it provides fodder for conversation for me and my wife which in turn promotes the avoidance of world calamity. :lol:

18. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

you guys and your wives :rolleyes: :lol:

19. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Excuse me....that's TROPHY wives to you Torch!...:D

20. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

My wife only knows I go on guitar forums but has no idea what they are. Just like I know she goes online to sites I have no idea about (except I know one is a site that posts pictures of pugs, which we're both obsessed with. No problem...we're both sitting near each other in the living room, relaxing after work.

I go on FB about once a day but find it much more boring than reading TDPRI. I'm deeply into guitars, amps, music and gear, not what people ate for dinner or listening to them spout political rants.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.