TDPRI, I present to you...a shovel.

joe.attaboy

Tele-Meister
I occasionally visit the Goodwill online site to see if any interesting instruments are looking for homes. The selection is as you would expect, but it's probably a good place to pick up a Squier cheap, as a lot of abandoned ones seem to end up there. Also, I think someone needs to explain to these folks that a Rockband guitar is not a real guitar...it's part of a very expensive toy...but that's a different thread.

I was browsing the site this morning and came upon this: a Git Shovel guitar. I'm not familiar with Git (but as a former code developer, I'm very familiar with git, again, something for another thread...). However, of the unusual stringed contraptions we have all seen over the years, this is, for me, anyway, a first.

I laughingly considered a bid, so I could bring it to the barn when I visit my racehorses and bang out a single string solo in between shovels full of manure as I muck out their stalls. Thought better of it when I realized it would probably annoy the horses and there's nothing worse than picking manure out of your bridge saddles.

I'm not as baffled by the fact that this was actually built as much as what kind of mind would dream up something like this.

Anyway, there's more about it on the Goodwill site for the next couple of days, at least. You should hurry...this may be a once-in-a-lifetime vision...oh, it already has nearly $60 in bids.

1652706356636.png
1652706458979.png
1652706643644.png

joe.attaboy

Tele-Meister
Cheap shot, using an honest boutique guitar maker as foil to brag on your stable of racehorses. That instrument (just look at the custom case) is obviously not meant for stall-mucking.
Yeah, that wasn't fair. In reality, we use a rake for removing horse poop, but I didn't want to upset Eugene Chadbourne. He literally made a career using a rake for a guitar.

And here it is...

1652712372297.png

And a quote from the man about why...

1652712432077.png