TDPRI Get Together Today! Gruene TX.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by TDPRI, Feb 8, 2014.

1. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    So we're here at the Bill Kirchen gig at Gruene Hall. And while uploading new photos of everyone here I accidentally deleted the thread we had going on this topic. So, let's try this again.

Here's the group as of now. ImageUploadedByTDPRI1391890342.509936.jpg

2. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Ad Free Member

Here are some more. For reasons unknown to me, my selfie keeps opting upside down...

Attached Files:

3. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    More photos

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1391891179.856355.jpg

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1391891205.749245.jpg

4. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Have fun!

Meanwhile, it is done snowing for the day, and I will soon be heading out to move some.

5. FiddlinJim

FiddlinJim Tele-Holic

Can we name some names? I see Jeff, Tim, Bill, Paul... Wish I coulda been there with ya...

6. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

7. gtrjones

gtrjones Tele-Holic

Sorry I can't help with names, Jim, even though I was introduced to a buncha folks. Big Bend was there (next to Bill in the later group shot).

Great to see a few old friends, and meet some new ones. Always great to listen to Bill.

AND there was a PURPLE TROMBONE! Good day.

8. gtrjones

gtrjones Tele-Holic

I should also mention that Bill was playing through a new Magnatone combo amp today, single 12" speaker, but it had that classic Magnatone pitch-shifting vibrato, and really sounded great.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  9. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Hey, i'm back now. Can't believe I deleted the original post. Still getting the hang of the new Apps (which are available for Android and Kindle and will be available for iTunes as soon as it's approved.).

In attendance were the following TDPers:

Throttleneck
    Teleholder
    Bertv
    BigDaddyTele
    Gtrjones
    Tim Armstrong
    Kafka0622
    BigBend

Great to meet and greet and always fun to see Bill. We need to do it again with Redd. It's always FUN!!

Thanks to all that came such a long way and BigDaddyTele wins the longest distance award and made it from more than 450 miles away.

10. BigdaddyTele

BigdaddyTele Tele-Meister

Ok here is some more I'm BigdaddyTele (Tony Delaughter). I'm the big one in the brown shirt. This is me and Bertv I think, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attached Files:

11. BigdaddyTele

This is Left to right Throttleneck,me,TDPRI lurkin in the back, Bill and Bigbend. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Attached Files:

12. BigdaddyTele

Another of the group.

Attached Files:

13. BertV

BertV TDPRI Member

Yep, that's me BertV, makin' the goofy face. Nice meetin' Y'all, haven't been to Gruene Hall in a while. Was a pleasure to see Bill live, made me wanna crawl back into the woodshed.:eek:

14. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Here's what everyone else missed:

15. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

That was a wonderful time today! Thanks Paul / TDPRI for letting us know. It was great meeting a bunch of members and seeing Bill Kirtchen play, the music was incredible. I especially liked the two Bob Dylan songs he played, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues and Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat.

[​IMG]

Here are the early birds - BigdaddyTele (Tony) came in from Mississippi, Tim Armstrong, gtrjones (Jeff), me Big_Bend (Allen) and the man himself TDPRI (Paul). A bunch of other members showed up soon after, a great crowd.

[​IMG]

A selfie with Bill and he is just the nicest guy, what a pleasure it was getting to visit with him, the group photos he took with us, his sense of humor is 2nd to none. It was a huge treat today to be able to see him at Gruene Hall, my first time to go there.

I also loved his shout out to us in the 2nd set. "And over there are members of the Telecaster TDPRI community. Every one of them has 16 Telecasters!" :D

Thanks again Paul for putting it together and to everybody else that showed up, what a fun time for all. Till next time....

16. Throttleneck

Throttleneck Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

You are correct in naming identifying me (Throttleneck) on the far left of the photo.

You know, when I signed up for this forum I had no idea that I would be spending any substantial amount of time here. I happened to be listening to Throttleneck when I signed up and just went with it.

Now I find my self going up to people and saying: Hello, I'm Throttleneck. Kind of strange.

My real name is Allan just as an FYI. Also odd having two names. Hi I'm Throttleneck and I'm Allan.

It was great meeting everyone. Bill was absolutely amazing. My new idol. Just incredible.

17. kromanomo

kromanomo Tele-Afflicted

Holy Crap! That's BADASS! Wow!

18. Teleholder

Teleholder Tele-Meister

Man, I had such a blast there today. I didn't find the group until after the picture taking, so I'm not pictured. Story of my life. I'm not in my high school yearbook, either.

I hung out after everyone else left and Bill had John Carroll back with his own guitar to sit in again and they played the last two or maybe it was three encore songs. A third Dylan tune, The Times They Are A Changing and also My Window Faces The South, and I forget if there was another. Anyway, Bill played until about 5:20. That was a good long day.

Great to meet everyone and hope I'll run into some of you guys again.

19. bun malaey

bun malaey Tele-Afflicted

I was there, not partaking in the forum stuff.

Was there to hear Bill.

20. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

Ah, that's better. I feel less disoriented now. Compliments to the chef on your hat.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.