TDPRI Forum is the best

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
TDPRI is like a neighborhood. There are lots of us here. We talk about our stuff. We talk about the kids and whose grandma died. There are pets. There are guys with trucks, motor bikes, imports, junkers, RV’s and everything else. Some of us have been happily married for years. Some threaten divorce. Sometimes it’s the same people doing both.

We talk about out tools. We talk about gear. We talk about what’s for dinner and complain about how much it all costs. We’re quite a mix. Working class, working professionals, working poor, retired; we’re all here. There’s someone to put out fires and someone to lay down the law. We call them moderators. They get about the same respect as the real cops. Some respect them. Others tolerate them only because things would get out of hand without them.

We barter and trade. We have retail. We have infrastructure that we take for granted until something doesn’t work and then we complain.

TDPRI is like a neighborhood. Other forums are forums. There’s nothing wrong with that, but they’re faceless impersonal forums. This is a pretty nice neighborhood, even when it rains.

Last edited:

Double Stop

Tele-Holic
Well, this is the only online forum I'm a member of, so I'm biased. It's a great place to "hang out". It's a wealth of information and a great springboard for inspiration. I'm still relatively new here compared to most, but it definitely feels like home. Lots of kindred spirits.

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
TDPRI is like a neighborhood. There are lots of us here. We talk about our stuff. We talk about the kids and whose grandma died. There are pets. There are guys with trucks, motor bikes, imports, junkets, RV’s and everything else. Some of us have been happily married for years. Some threaten divorce. Sometimes it’s the same people doing both.

We talk about out tools. We talk about gear. We talk about what’s for dinner and complain about how much it all costs. We’re quite a mix. Working class, working professionals, working poor, retired; we’re all here. There’s someone to put out fires and someone to lay down the law. We call them moderators. They get about the same respect as the real cops. Some respect them. Others tolerate them only because things would get out of have without them.

We barter and trade. We have retail. We have infrastructure that we take for granted until something doesn’t work and then we complain.

TDPRI is like a neighborhood. Other forums are forums. There’s nothing wrong with that, but they’re faceless impersonal forums. It’s a pretty nice neighborhood, even when it rains.

The TDPRI neighborhood.....

Diamond Dave

Tele-Meister
It helps if you are somewhat of a body builder who wears cargo shorts and bumched shrits. If you don't I don't give a Chet. Some of us are dented.

I haven’t logged in here or posted in forever, but I checked in to see if bumched shrits are still a thing. I’m so happy.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Strat forum, you say?

0a9e9edff2aa15addbe81fba8141d173.jpg

Bongoslade

Tele-Meister
nice place to visit - but...
but nothin'
it's a great place to hang... feels friendly here.
i gotta post more pix myself...!
i don't tend to all the posts, but a fair number

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
I learn something new every day.

Yesterday at the Acoustic Guitar forum it was:

"Martins are for the good old boys...

Taylors are for the choir boys...

and Gibsons are for the bad boys!"

FuzzWatt

Tele-Meister
I will say this - I have been a part of another forum which celebrates another famous guitar, one with a glued in neck, named after a very talented guitar player - anyways, I made the decision to leave that forum after many years there as it was becoming just way too toxic. The mods let so many nasty, hateful comments through because they agree with them. I couldn't stand it anymore. The posters here are so much friendlier and the moderation here is light-years ahead of said place.

I much prefer this forum above all others. Plus Teles are just so darn great!