1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

TDPRI family... Please tell me if I'm being a jerk with Sweetwater.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by gitold, Jul 22, 2013.

1. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

I've ordered a lot off the internet and I've learned to take the best $$ deal for me. It doesn't matter how nice they are or not, if they won't cover their own mistake I won't bother them anymore.

2. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I'm pretty sure that they did a price match when I ordered my Marshall Class 5 head from them.

I've had good luck with Sweetwater.

The case story is shameful. If they shipped you the wrong thing or if they advertized a thing incorrectly then you shouldn't have to pay a cent in the return process. If a restaurant brings you the wrong meal are you supposed to pay for it when you don't eat it??

Sounds very unprofessional to me. Sounds like careless bullying. It's not necessarily about $15; it's the principle of the matter.

3. tomas83

tomas83 Tele-Holic

No you are not being a jerk. They are, it's their mistake, like you said they still didn't correct it. It's not about the $15, it's about the principle. Call again and escalate it of necessary.

4. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

I would add that a big ole grain of salt and a lot of caution is in order when shopping online from a "recommended accessories" section.

SW is far from the only retailer running websites with inappropriate items listed in those sections. I've seen that many, many times...

5. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks guys.. Now I don't feel like a heel for making my little stink. I have 22 guitars, 3 of which I've bought online because my stores didn't carry the one I wanted. My other two purchases from GC and MF went very well. They both have 30 day price deals but I went with Sweetwater for the extra "service". Live and learn.

6. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

And therein lies the problem my friend. Their mistake was in advertising the case they did as a "to go with" accessory and you're right. They did just that.

I'm intentionally responding to this before I've read the entire thread because I think the issue stops right there. Even though it's identified as a case for a different model the way that it's represented makes it appear that it would fit yours as well or there would be no reason to encourage you to "buy these other accessories". They are responsible for the misrepresentation and should simply has taken it back for full credit with an apology for the mistake on their website.

I'd take it up with them at the sales rep level and if that doesn't get it done take it all the way up the ladder to Chuck Surack the President if I had to. They do pride themselves in their service and attention to detail and their damn good at it but here's one instance where they dropped the ball and policy be damned they need to make good on the $15 difference.

As for the price match I've found that they'll do their best to be competitive but will seldom if ever have the lowest price so the discount he offered is pretty typical of what I've experienced when I've shopped them as well. They believe their service and two year warranty along with "see what you're getting" guitar gallery are worth a few bucks more and to some it may well be. I don't argue that point and their service and product knowledge is usually top notch.

All that aside though IMHO they owe you a $15 credit for those shipping charges. It was their mistake not yours.

7. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

LOL, in your case I wouldn't put that past you at all. I half way expect to see that Godin next time I visit. :p

8. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

Kind of my thoughts...

Its wrong for not taking back the item at a 100% refund however, you really didnt give them an opportunity to make it right either. I am not entirely sure why they treated you like they did but that is definitely not the norm from my experiences. I have found their customer service to be on the verge of annoyingly good. And I do mean annoyingly, I get calls from them still checking up on me and I havent bought anything from them in probably 2 months.

I would get ahold of the rep that was designated to the sale. If you check your junk mail you should of gotten something from him/her. I would talk to em and have it straightened out. My guess is that they will not only make it right but go beyond it.

9. gitold

I've talked to my rep 3 times and emailed management twice. My rep told me she had done every thing she could do and that was their best offer. 1300 people have read this thread.That's worth the $15 dollars.
    I did buy my son a $200 gift card there a few years ago and my rep called and sent me stuff for a year. The gift card came in fine shape.

10. kp8

kp8 Friend of Leo's

and furthermore implied that it was the perfect case for the guitar, the entire reason you went with it.

Sounds like they did you right most of the way. It sounds like you got a good guitar and good service mostly but they are still showing that case with the guitar, which is wrong. Also they really should, credit you the $15 since the implication of their grouping the case with the guitar was that the 2 go together. That is an error on their part, not yours.

Try once more. Try to get higher up the chain. Tell them you'll be happy to take a credit even but you shouldn't eat the whole amount and they should stop suggesting that case with the guitar. If it doesn't work I would just get on with life. They say don't sweat the small stuff. This is small stuff.

THEN YOU SHOULD POST PICTURES OF THE GUITAR TO THE FORUM BEFORE YOU ASK FOR HELP. HAHA.

i kid i kid

11. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

I had the same problem with Sweetwater where I had ordered a footswitch for my amp. They sent me the wrong one. They then informed me I would have to pay the shipping cost back to them, AND shipping for the new pedal!

I will never do business with them again.

12. gitold

I showed a picture of the guitar the day I got it but here it is again. I like it alot. My Pat Martino licks are coming back.

Attached Files:

13. gitold

I'm going to post this in it's own thread so more people will see it . I believe the Bully Pulpit that is TDPRI has come through. My rep called today ( with out any more calls from me) today and said she would give me my $15 if that's what it took to make me happy. I think I'll buy a Anthony pizza with it!! Sausage and pepperoni! They also finally took the case of the page

14. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

Did it fit inside the envelope :p

15. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

Out of her pocket???

If so, I would politely decline and insist that it be covered by the company or not at all...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.