TCE TonePrint - how quick & reliable to update?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by telel6s, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Afflicted

I missed that in the scenario - two identical pedals and both connected.

I have no idea!

2. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Holic

TonePrint is not as quick and reliable as turning the knob on presets in your pedal.

I have a HOF mini and I love TonePrints but I only play at home. I wanted a set & forget reverb pedal and it’s small footprint is perfect for my Pedaltrain Nano. Plus I get a new sound whenever I want a change in 3 seconds.

3. Hobs

Hobs Tele-Meister

The Toneprint process works pretty well for me, with about 97% success per load attempt. It's tremendously flexible, and generally a Good Thing. That said, I would never try to load prints between songs. Between sets, maybe, if I had practiced and tested the particular setup needed.

4. POS Guitars

POS Guitars Tele-Meister

I think it only programs the pedals that are switched on. Takes 3 seconds tops.

5. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

That is an interesting thought. In practice, I'd kind of think that if someone needed two delay pedals (for example) that's the type of person who would have bought the full size Flashback or the Flashback X4. But maybe they already had one pedal and found a second of the same type at the local pawn shop so put them both on their board.

Having worked in software development and more specifically writing of test scripts, end users do not always do what we expect of them. I've been questioned on test scenarios I've written with a "nobody would ever do that" response from management (who saw it only as another 10 to 20 minutes of time) as well as having seen software released into the wild only to have bugs show up when the end user does one of those things that "nobody would ever do".

I was reading about the Hotone XTOMP that updates via bluetooth. With those, the app does recognize different pedals so you can only update one at a time. Of course, the users with two or more XTOMP pedals wish that the app could connect to all the pedals at once and update them as a scene in one click.

6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Ha! I'm a developer, too. Nothing gives my passive-aggressive self greater joy than telling a customer the behaviour they think is a defect is actually "working as designed". (We've actually been banned from using that phrase because it makes customers too angry :lol: )

7. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Well, sorta. Before I got a dedicated vibe I used the vibe modulation with the echo turned off. My expression pedal controlled the speed and it sounded pretty darn good. There are a number of choruses including the super lush tri-chorus , also flangers etc. These are intended to modulate the echo signal but you can use them by themselves as well. You can not 'store other effects' into the pedal but these are the same algorithms used in other TC effects. The tri-chorus is the same as the Corona chorus pedal for example....

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.