1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

TC Electronics G-System....thoughts???

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Guitarist4u36, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Guitarist4u36

Guitarist4u36 TDPRI Member

Hey everyone.
    I've been considering pulling the trigger on a TC Electronics G-System. It looks like it would be great setup (At least for me and what I would use it for). But it's fairly expensive obviously. I've been stalking the TC forums and I hear the feedback from there...which gives me some viewpoints, but I was wanting to get some feedback through other sources as well. Anyone here had any experience with the G-System? If so, what's your opinions?
    Thanks everyone. :)

2. SideMan7

SideMan7 TDPRI Member

I own two of them. I've got one in a rack mounted rig and another on a pedalboard used for fly dates. I've been using G System for about 5 years now. I think I might be able to answer just about any questions you might have. If you wanna PM me with any questions, I'd be glad to help. But for the sake of the thread and for other users to read, I'll give you a pro/con list.

Pro's:
    Does just about anything you could think of in the world of setting up your dream rig
    It has excellent sounding effects
    Looping in your own pedals is simply genius.
    Savable presets will make your live shows far more enjoyable than tap dancing
    Super durable
    You don't have to worry about a long chain of pedals, cables, and effects, and any tone loss can be remedied with adjusting levels.
    Did I mention it can do any just about anything?

Cons:
    It's difficult to get to know, but once you do, it's a breeze.
    No modulation delays
    It's heavy as can be
    Some tone coloration (I've read, but I've never noticed it or been bothered by it)

Like I said, it will do anything you throw at it and will make your performances much easier. I love it so much I bought TWO!

3. Bongocaster

Bongocaster Friend of Leo's

Hey. Can I tag along with the same questions for the Nova System.:?:

4. SideMan7

SideMan7 TDPRI Member

I used to own the Nova System as well. If I were to only be allowed one piece of gear in front of me on the floor, it would be the Nova System. A multi effects unit with Analog overdrives? Awesome. All of the delays, modulation, reverb effects sound great because they're TC. The overdrive is what makes this pedal a usable tool. Are there standalone dirt pedals that sound better, of course. But are there any digital overdrives that sound better than the analog ones in the Nova System, probably not.

Pros:
    Good sounding overdrive
    Programmable
    Great effects
    Easy interface
    Simple, effective, great sound

Cons:
    Pressing and holding to change presets is inconvenient for live
    Pathetic tuner when not in tuning mode

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.