Tc electronic flashback

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Maxtone, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Maxtone

Maxtone TDPRI Member

Hi Folks, I have a tc Flashback for several months now and have been trying to replicate U2s Where the streets have no name delay but just can't get there. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

3. asatbender

asatbender Tele-Holic

Use the 2290 preset, audio tap( strum) your tempo to quarter notes, strum on 1, 2, 3, 4. Then change the toggle switch to bottom for dotted 8th + quarter notes together.

If you are only running mono through one amp run a patch/jumper cable from the stereo in to the mono out. This will allow you to hear both quarter/dotted 8th through a mono setup. If you have two amps, it can sound glorious in stereo. I hope I have told you right on the connections, I do not have pedal in front of me to verify. You might start out playing the song "Bad" to get the hang of it.

4. Maxtone

Maxtone TDPRI Member

Cheers for the replies. Will try both. Thanks again

5. heshan

heshan Tele-Meister

Hi. I'm also a TC Flashback user, and I'm very interested in the Edge-type delays - with the quarter+dotted 8th setting on the Flashback. I don't understand what asatbender said, though...about using a jumper cable from stereo in to mono out. I run a mono set-up, usually...mono-in/mono-out to one amp. Is this something I could try to improve the delay sound?

6. RyanJH

RyanJH Tele-Meister

Can't hurt to try. Plug guitar/previous pedal into the "Mono In", run a short patch cable from the "Mono Out" to "Stereo In", and the "Stereo Out" becomes your new output. Just clarifying that.

-Ryan

7. heshan

heshan Tele-Meister

Thanks for clearing that up, that was exactly what I was unsure of. I'll try it ASAP. Cheers

8. asatbender

asatbender Tele-Holic

Flashback Edge demo

Here is my sloppy try at Edge "Bad" a few months ago. I had the toggle switch all the way down. I think I had two amps running in stereo and mic'd between them.

https://soundcloud.com/telecastermus/bad-cover

9. heshan

heshan Tele-Meister

That's a great delay sound you got there. I've only tried the Flashback in mono so far...and I definitely hear the difference in the third position on the switch - and I know it'll sound a lot better with two amps, but I want to know how different it'd sound with the jumper cable

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.