Tauro woodworks?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by dankilling, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen Tele-Holic

TRexF16 is a member here and he can make you a body of your choice. Look him up!

:)

Texas Pete likes this.
  2. Texas Pete

Texas Pete TDPRI Member

I will do. Many thanks and I will make sure I pass on to others.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Festus_Hagen likes this.
  3. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Silver Supporter

How was the body...isn't that the whole point?...I never met the guy but he is kind of local to me.... Ebay ratings are pretty much everything to a guy selling on ebay. I have 100% over the 20 years I've been using Ebay with 419 seller feedback comments. Ebay buyers aren't always saints either. I can tell you I jump through a lot of hoops and still can't satisfy everyone enough to get all 5's all the time.

He has one neg. in 86 sales in 6 months. That 1/86 is by some fool who couldn't be bothered to contact him about it and just left him negative feedback.

I suspect his 50-60 dollars bodies won't be impacted by your criticism of his customer service or lack there of and 85(+) positive responses in a row means a lot on ebay to a small operation. 3 negatives by disgruntled TDPRI members here don't necessarily reflect what's going on with his business either. Some day I have to meet this guy and see if he reads this thread....

4. mo62987

mo62987 TDPRI Member

My 2 cents...
    I’ve built 2 parts teles with tauro bodies over the last year or so. Quality of both were fantastic. Great grain choice, invisible glue joint, and nice snug neck pockets with Allparts necks. Never had much communication with him other than to see when he expected to have a fresh batch come through. But got reasonably quick, albeit short, responses. But hey not all of us are great with words

5. sleazy pot pie

sleazy pot pie Tele-Afflicted

I have been finishing one of the bodies I bought about a year ago and when fitting the parts, I found out that the body was routed off center.

If you look at the body, instead of being straight up and down like 12 o’clock, it is off to the right at about 1 o’clock.
    Will upload a picture later.

6. Texas Pete

Texas Pete TDPRI Member

good comments all.

7. Texas Pete

Texas Pete TDPRI Member

Not to beat a dead horse but I don't place much stock in Ebay satisfaction ratings, I rely more on word of mouth. Give a guy a deserved bad rating on Ebay and he comes back and gives you a bad rating and it's back and forth from there. Sometimes it's wise if dissatisfied to not give a rating at all. 'Not worth the trouble but let the buyer/seller know privately that you will never deal with him or her again and why. If there is fraud involved let Ebay handle it back channel. They are great in that regard. Happy builds folks. :)

8. Texas Pete

Texas Pete TDPRI Member

"3 negatives by disgruntled TDPRI members here don't necessarily reflect what's going on with his business either. Some day I have to meet this guy and see if he reads this thread...."

We just don't know I guess. The majority of players and builders never join forums. Like I said I think he provides a good product for the money, ships fast and I suspect works on a thin profit margin. There are a lot of newbies out there however who could benefit from a few suggestions and how to. Builds equity for the seller and makes for a happy and repeat customer. Folks have to start somewhere. And there's room for improvement in all of us buyer and seller.

9. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Tele-Afflicted

bah

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  10. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen Tele-Holic

Maybe you didn't see the trouble he went through to make my life hell for giving him bad feedback.

It's on page one, towards the bottom.

He's a worm.

Texas Pete likes this.
  11. Texas Pete

Texas Pete TDPRI Member

Not disputing. My point was that I don't place too much stock in Ebay positive satisfaction ratings. I prefer to do my own research on vendors. Good news travels fast, bad news travels at the speed of light. I'd rather pay a little more and deal with the best. I hear ya, believe me. And I hope it has been smooth sailing for you since that bad experience. Take care.

Festus_Hagen likes this.
  12. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen Tele-Holic

I understand that, and I agree.

I guess my point was if you leave bad feedback, some unscrupulous folks will stop at nothing just to "get even" .

Texas Pete likes this.
  13. cleanheadsteve

cleanheadsteve Tele-Meister

same thing happened to me except ebay wouldn't even allow me to send pics proving my case. i sold a set of bose speakers to a guy. he claimed they were damaged. ebay refunded his money. he sent me back 40 lbs of cinder blocks. but the box he used was physically too small to hold the speakers. it wouldn't even hold one. and his handwriting was on the box. so i had proof that it was impossible for him to have sent me back my speakers. ebay wouldn't even let me send them pics. so i closed my bank acct so they couldn't charge me back. this way ebay/paypal has to eat the cost. i still have the box with the label, his handwriting, cinder blocks, etc. i just wish ebay would open a lawsuit against me so i could at least present my evidence to a real judge. not an overlord.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

14. cleanheadsteve

cleanheadsteve Tele-Meister

i'm surprised they refunded you both. ebay actually told me in an email that they always side with the buyer when there is a dispute like this because there is no way to tell for sure what was in the box. well the dude admitted he received the speakers. so what about siding with the seller if there's no way to know for sure what's in the box. the seller receives a box too when there is a return.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Festus_Hagen likes this.
  15. Texas Pete

Texas Pete TDPRI Member

Regrettably true. All you can do is avoid them like the plague in the future and caution others. Life is too short for such drama. It takes up time that you will never get back.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.