1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tattoos warning.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by imwjl, Mar 24, 2020.

1. cyclopean

cyclopean Poster Extraordinaire

i'm perfectly ok spending money at places where the people who work there have tattoos.

TokyoPortrait likes this.
  2. Matt Sarad

Matt Sarad Tele-Holic

My oldest daughter has very expensive and beautifully artistic tattoos, her little sister jumped on the wagon in her 30s and opted for floral designs. Their kid brother was told as a teen, “ No tattoos and no piercings.”
    He decided to be different from his sisters. No ink, no holes, and hair a meter+ long.

3. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

I always put off getting tattoos in my 20s because of chronic psoriasis. I'd asked my dermatologist about it and he was really dismissive, saying how he'd paid for his swimming pool taking them off people. I simply wasn't sure what would happen, so I went with a friend to a national expo and asked around and got a generally positive response. My psoriasis was mainly in remission, so went and got some work done above the employment line, no problems. Before, I'd a conversation with a good friend who's covered, and he'd mentioned something I had never thought of, namely that tattoos change the way you think about yourself in some way. Nobody gets one done for no reason. Whatever that reason is will be deeply personal, be it decorative, commemorative, whatever. Getting it done then changes something, not necessarily good or bad, just different. It may not even be lasting, but it's there. Some reflection on that for me was really helpful with my own decision making.

TokyoPortrait likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.