Tattoos warning.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by imwjl, Mar 24, 2020.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

ah, love and youth does spring eternal, :cool:

oatsoda likes this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Hey it's each person's right to get them if they want them, but they've never appealed to me, be it on myself or others.

Censport likes this.
  3. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

My body too is a temple, albeit one with an extension in front.

Shuster likes this.
  4. Dreadnut

Dreadnut Tele-Holic

Wow Uriah, sounds just like my story, SF in early '74, me and a few of my Navy buddies decided to go to Lyle Tuttle's tattoo parlor; he tattooed several celebrities including Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix. But we all chickened out and got our left ears pierced instead. We were on the USS Ranger, by the way, ported in Alameda.

Mrs. Dread, on the other hand, has a colorful flower tattooed on her left breast. Sorry, no photos, I'm the only one who gets to look at that. I'm not complaining.

P-Nutz and Jlwctn like this.
  5. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

My 15 year old daughter was giving her mom a hard time because she wasn't allowed a tattoo. I said to her, "if it's that important wait till you're 18 and have as many as you like".

I should have said "get one small one then, where nobody can see it". Twenty odd tattoos later and it's all my fault, according to my ex.

6. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

you have the body of the statue of david at 20...at 50 you have a body of an over fed beer drinker...you can analogize anything

7. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

That is cool..! I was stationed up in USCG training in Petaluma and we took greyhound down to the big city. We would see concerts at Winterland..

DHart and boris bubbanov like this.
  8. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I have no tattoos.

But I can’t understand why this topic pops up every two weeks.

And why a bunch of dudes feel compelled to rehash why they dislike tattoos.

It’s really not a good look. (The judging and tired repetition, not the tattoos.)

Isn't there another cloud to shake your fists at?

9. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Tele-Afflicted

It’s all one cloud.

10. ping-ping-clicka

Please pardon me , I am most apologetic for casting aspersions.

11. ping-ping-clicka

ew! eew! pick me pick me!

assfasgg.jpg

Shuster likes this.
  12. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Keep the tattoos and ditch the 65’s imo.

13. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

Yeah, I have to say that I think there are far worse things humans can do to themselves and each other, than get tattoos that at some point may look a little goofy later on in life. I don’t do pain or commitment. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like tattoos or feel the need to judge others who get them. In fact, I really do like some tattoos. It’s just never been my thing to get any. The closest I got was my wife and I considered getting tattoos on our fingers instead of wedding bands. Well, someone told me it’s one of the most painful areas for tattoos. So no go for me. If it means anything, however, 25 years of amazing marriage later I still wear my wedding band, and never take it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Censport

Censport Tele-Holic

My niece turned 25 recently, it's been a long time since she listened to me, haha. She's been getting tats for years.

Everybody who hits puberty thinks they've been through a lot, when what they've really been through are hormonal fluctuations and rebellious moments with their parents that everybody goes through. Then there are the ones like my niece, who have seen some sh... stuff. I've had some similar loss and rough patches, but they were as an adult. She faced some real nightmares as a teenager. She doesn't talk about it, so I guess she expresses herself with tats. They're not pretty, girly tats, either. Some of them are disturbing. There are worse ways to cope, I suppose.

I love her just the same, of course. Whenever I see her, it's hard not to be reminded of the smiling, laughing, innocent little kid she was once. She has a child of her own now. Her boyfriend - sorry, fiance - has a bunch of tats too, so I was surprised when the baby came out blank.

I never would have guessed.*

*That was sarcasm.

Used to work with a young woman who was achingly hot and proud of it. One day, I happened to walk up while she was talking excitedly with another female coworker. She turned to me and asked if I had any tattoos. I replied that I didn't. She said that she loved tattoos because they told people that she was living life to the fullest and having amazing experiences. Or something like that. Then she asked why I didn't have any. I replied that I was too busy riding motorcycles and going to Japan, and didn't have hours to spend sitting in a tattoo artist's chair. I wanted to ask why she felt like she needed to mess with perfection, but I didn't want to spend the remaining hours of my job there being grilled by HR.

Everybody has their reasons for getting tattoos. To wear their scars on the outside, to compensate, because they're high, etc. I thought about getting one once, when I was working on achieving an important career goal. But I didn't make that goal, so no tat. Haven't had a reason since. Some of the women I've dated had them, but they weren't anything tacky or yakuza-ish. They were neither an attraction nor a deal-breaker.

Anyway, here's a song on the subject. I've always liked Graham Bonnet's songwriting. He's one of the few singers in rock that can write more than "love" songs.

15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I apologize if I have disrespected you or hurt your young feelings.

But my question to you is, who are you trying to convince?

I don't have any recollection of explaining or trying to justify my long hair. And it wasn't that long, before my Dad and uncles had theirs long also. Our credo was, live and let live. Not to get all defensive and respond emotionally.

But here's something we did learn. Many of us were very fair skinned, and many tried to hard to go out and keep up with the suntan crowd. And a lot of us spend time at the doctor, staving off the damage the sun has caused. We all thought we'd die young in a motorcycle or car wreck, or a knife fight over a woman, but interestingly enough, not all of us did die. And when you don't die you learn, sometimes. Your get wisdom, sometimes. And the impulse is to communicate what you have learned to those new to the game.

Not every person over 75 is all saggy. Some are most evidently worse than others. My family is blessed or cursed with a tendency to very long life. I may have to look at this face and body in the mirror for another 30 years. I don't wanna be depressed by what I see, if I do.

When the fat, tattooed guy falls in the street Charlottesville on his Harley, and he's 20 years younger than me but nearly all used up, and I'm there first and I have to lift the bike off him and put a towel under his head, that's when I see what happens when you don't plan far enough into the future.

++

Here's what you might consider. My Dad, my uncles, all were in uniform in WW 2 or Korea. I knew I couldn't top their war experiences; their time marching with Patton, etc. So, we didn't try to best them. Our ways of expressing ourselves were essentially for our own consumption and the consumption of our peers. The Rules of the Road are just dead against you. You can never win an argument that's based on life experience, and if you don't mind, you actually shouldn't bother trying.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    P-Nutz, Uncle Bob and GEECEE like this.
  16. jonobolton

jonobolton TDPRI Member

That's Pauly Unstoppable. In the Myspace days, he was quite well-known among the body modification community for the extremity of his piercings. I think now most of the larger gauge piercings are gone, although I'm quite sure that most of his skin has been blacked out and he's now a trans woman.

BorderRadio likes this.
  17. jonobolton

jonobolton TDPRI Member

The old "how is it going to look when you're older" argument doesn't really work nowadays IMO; mostly because you can't tell. For the most part, the standard of tattooing, not to mention the technology associated with it, has improved massively over the last 20 years. Anyone getting a well-done tattoo today won't have to deal with it turning out like the old navy tattoos that guys who are in their 70s now got 50 years ago. Tattoos back then were fairly rudimentary.

MilwMark and Wallo Tweed like this.
  18. Electric Mud

Electric Mud Tele-Holic

I think those old navy tattoos are bad ass.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

P-Nutz and MilwMark like this.
  19. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

what about facial hair? :eek:

20. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

I know, right?

MilwMark likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.