1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tattoos warning.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by imwjl, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

When I was hauling iron, I hauled a D-7 dozer up into the mountains. It was kind of a payola deal. The boss sent me, and an operating engineer up to build an oilfield honcho a building pad for a home he was planning on building. Easy run for me, I took along some rags and polish to shine up my ride and kill the time while the operator was building the pad.

The honcho had a huge something on his face that was I don't know a big purple birthmark or something it covered his balding scalp and part of his forehead. Okay, the boss really bears down on me, and says whatever you do, don't say a word about this guy's birthmark for want of a better term. We get there, the boss is there, the honcho is there, the operator is there, I unload the dozer, and walk over to where they are shooting the layout of the pad. Just then, the operator looks over at the honcho, and asks; By the way, what the hell happened to your head? I just kind of stood back and watched as my boss tried to shrink down into his boots as the honcho's face turned bright red! The operator completely unperturbed climbed up in the seat of the dozer and went to work.

2. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I would like to add to this thread. Do NOT get any kind of target tattooed to your head or back or buttocks of any other parts of your body.

3. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

Some folks have tattoos,
    some grow a beard.
    Some wear white socks and
    some bumched shrits.

Man, it almost rhymes.

AAT65, RedTele58, Wallo Tweed and 4 others like this.
  4. Woollymonster

Woollymonster Tele-Meister

I have never seen, read, or heard of anything profound enough to put on my body for life.

I am retired Navy. First tour, first shore leave somewhere in Europe, our old Gunner came in and rolled up his sleeves. He said "whatever you do boys, don't do this". I never did.

Uncle Bob and Jlwctn like this.
  5. KWal

KWal Tele-Meister

Pics or it never happened.

Is she hawt?

Yeah. I'm THAT guy.

Toadtele, loco gringo and Jlwctn like this.
  6. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

I have no tattoos. I’ve never been able to decide on something I’d want to wear for the rest of my life.

My wife has one; all three of our kids.

But not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brookdalebill likes this.
  7. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

So glad all the scars from my youth are just emotional!

:D

idjster, Chip, brookdalebill and 2 others like this.
  8. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

I don’t do pain, and I don’t do long term commitments. My wife is the only human alive allowed to require either of me.

Hence, I have no tats. And likely never will.

Uncle Bob and brookdalebill like this.
  9. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The day I went off to Navy boot camp my Mom made me promise her I would never get a tattoo. I have kept that promise.

10. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I like to imagine my body is a temple. No graffiti allowed. God will get you for that.

Fiesta Red likes this.
  11. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Oh, I've got some scars. Like the time at age four when I fell on some sheet metal and tried to bleed out. Stuff like that and they all have some genuine significance, of getting stitched back up and misadventures of youth.

Sometimes to me, it seems like Tattoos are for someone with way too much blank real estate; nothing of much import actually happened and so they "Make Stuff Up" at the Tattoo Parlor.

Jlwctn likes this.
  12. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

tattoos and body mods are for the person who is modding their body...not the people viewing them...if you dont like them its too bad

TIM5150, P-Nutz, cyclopean and 5 others like this.
  13. Gibson

Gibson Friend of Leo's

Live and let live, I reckon. Let people express themselves and find their joy where they may, if they're not hurting anyone else.

I don't know too many people who've never made a mistake over the course of a lifetime, and even fewer who have a monopoly on wisdom, yet there's no shortage of curmudgeons telling other people how they ought to live.

Beards and tats.jpg

14. Modman68

Modman68 Tele-Holic

Life choices...

[​IMG]

Guy apparently had a bad meth problem... found god and is now in the process of lazer removal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe that explains what two from my youth will post on my Facebook wall.

16. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Holic

There was a story in the papers last week of a girl in Poland who had eyeball tattoos and went blind............anyone else not surprised?

**edit......just went to look for link and it's quite a common problem, so you can search for links, but NOT if you are of a sensitive disposition!!

17. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

A tattoo used to mean something.
    Sailor, Crim gang member...instil fear in the onlooker.

Nowadays I ask the tattoo’d dude/dudess to make me a cafe latte, recommend an interesting novel for holiday reading or suggest a hoppy ipa to go with seasonal fruits.
    Creds...not much.

2blue2 likes this.
  18. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Afflicted

My latest of 4 tatts....
    tattMod.jpeg

Luv 'em all!

Man, this forum is so NOT rock n roll!

TIM5150, P-Nutz, Toadtele and 5 others like this.
  19. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Afflicted

Hi.

Not necessarily true. Like a lot of things, there’s a range of quality. The skill of the operator is crucial.

Aftercare by the wearer is really important too. As is design choice - some stuff is a poor choice for technical reasons.

I’ve seen tattoos that are probably only a few years old fading or running. Poor tattoo artist is usually what I think.

Or perhaps more accurately, self taught, poorly trained, or not yet experienced enough. Along with possible poor aftercare.

On the other hand, I have a largish colour work that will be 30 years old next year. Regardless of anyone’s aesthetic opinion or moral judgement, technically it still looks excellent. Strong colours and lines that haven’t unduly run (they always spread - design for it).

Same person that did it laid a new one down on me four days ago. :)

And as for the ‘never hang it on your wall’ argument, I was a telephone linesman once. I’ve seen some pretty tasteless stuff hanging on people’s walls...

Pax/
    Dean

20. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Afflicted

Dad to daughter... When u are 70 that tatt is going to look old, faded, stretched and ugly.

Daughter to dad... At 70 I'm not going to be trying to impress anyone and all of me is going to be faded, stretched, and ugly.

Make the most of ur youth.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.