1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tattoos warning.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by imwjl, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't wear ear, or nose rings, I don't have any tattoos, I don't now or ever have I had the desire to. I know, there's something wrong with, how will anyone ever be able to pick me out in a lineup?

2. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I got to know a Holocaust survivor. Out of respect for that person, I could just never........

gwjensen, Uncle Bob, dan1952 and 7 others like this.
  3. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Afflicted

Easy. You are the guy with no tattoos.

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Oh boy, Jack McCoy will get me for sure!

dan1952 likes this.
  5. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

I've seen a lot of tattoos. I've never seen a single one that improved the looks of anyone.

6. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

I’ve got a niece now in her 30’s that started getting tattoos about 5 years ago. Every time I see her I ask her what she thinks those tattoos will look like when she’s 60. Obviously my opinion doesn’t matter to her as she keeps getting more. Hopefully I’m still around when she reaches 60 so I can say, “I told you so” :D

7. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Afflicted

How does that tramp stamp look now?:D:lol::lol:

Lake Placid Blue and nojazzhere like this.
  8. bumnote

bumnote Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Get one if you want...I don't care. But the "trendy" tattoos are going to be about as cool as having a Leisure Suit tattooed on you in 10-20 years. I thinking about those moronic tattoos with an "inspirational" quote. But the Hallmark card instead...it's not permanent.

9. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

yep, but hardware may be worse. I just can't imagine getting up one morning, looking in the mirror and thinking, "nope.... there just isn't enough springs and knobs on my face". and "gages"... you might have crappy ink, but at least you ain't this guy....

[​IMG]

I figure he'd be a good candidate for my new DIY, home self trepanning kit so you can easily bore a hole in your head to let out the evil spirits.

Fretting out, dan1952, DHart and 5 others like this.
  10. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

The ink ends up in your lymph glands.

11. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I'm surprised your niece doesn't bust out with My Generation, (55 years old this year) and the line "Hope I die before I get old...."
    You know how they say 70 is the new 50?......well, 30 is the new 17. :(

rob2 and tah1962 like this.
  12. loco gringo

loco gringo Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I dated a girl that had a tattoo of Bob Marley on the small of her back. I got tired of looking at it every time we had sex. I had to move on.

13. Jlwctn

Jlwctn Tele-Meister

Gas. Cigarettes. Drink. Smoke. Girls. Guitars. Parts. Amps. Parts. Cars. Parts. Motorcycles. Parts.
    Then I found Golf.
    Clubs. Balls. Green fees. Range balls. Shoes. Bags. Clothes. Umbrellas.
    (Oh, that's how these things are built?)
    Clubheads. Shafts. Grips. Tape. Epoxy.
    I thought about getting a tattoo. I didn't know what I wanted to get. There wasn't anything I really liked. There was only one phrase I could think of:
    "I Could Have
    Spent The Money
    On Something Else."
    So I Spent The Money On Something Else...

Uncle Bob, DHart, Whatizitman and 2 others like this.
  14. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

If you hate how you look this much just grow a beard FFS

Doug B, dogmeat and Jlwctn like this.
  15. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Friend of Leo's

Here- let me show you!

BOOM!
    Instantly banned...... :cool:

Frodebro, Fretting out and 2blue2 like this.
  16. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

LOL, my son was a Marine. He had suffered a green splint fracture during basic, and ended up spending about 7 weeks recovering after graduation at MCRD, San Diego. During that time, he could get out and have supper with me as I was doing an engineering job in SD at the same time. In any event he got a Tatoo on his left arm (inside of forearm). It was Chinese characters. When I asked what it meant, he told me it was Chinese for “Courage, Honor, Commitment”. I asked how he knew, and he told me that was what was on the Chinese character list at the parlor. He got a bit pensive when I asked how he knew those were correct.

At the same time, one of the guys working for me on the job was a guy who had grown up in Taiwan and had emigrated to the US as a grad student (then stayed for the rest of his life). One evening, he and I and several others were going to meet my son and one of his buddies for supper. I told my Taiwanese buddy that if he saw the tattoo to tell my son it said “My mama wears army boots”.

We get to supper, and sure enough, my Taiwanese buddy is sitting next to my son, and my son has on his short sleeve class C’s. The tat was readily visible. About halfway through supper my friend says to my son, “Is that fresh ink?” My son rather proudly shows off his new tattoo. My friend looks a bit puzzled and says, “So, your family has a military tradition? Even your mom was in the Army?” My son looks puzzled and says, “Mom wasn’t in the Army, why do you ask?” My buddy says, “Oh, your tattoo says, ‘Mama wears Army boots’.” Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to deliver the line without cracking up. My son suddenly realizes he is being had, and that dear old Dad had orchestrated this little practical joke. He wasn’t really upset, but he did say I was messed up, as everyone at the table (my son and his Marine buddy, included) had a good laugh. Turned out, the characters were not in normal modern use, and my buddy had no idea what the tat actually said.

17. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

th964FTN4M.jpg
    Sexxy as ever, but why are you interestedo_O:lol:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  18. Jlwctn

Jlwctn Tele-Meister

I just realized, I'm starting to look like Old Tom Morris, without the game...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. urbandefault

urbandefault Tele-Holic

About 40 years ago I worked with an ex-Navy guy who had a big ship tattoo across his chest. It was faded, saggy, and buried in nasty gray chest hair. When we had to work in the warehouse in summer he'd take his shirt off and sweat all over everything. :eek:

Nice guy, though.

nojazzhere likes this.
  20. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

hahaha

2blue2 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.