1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tattoos on the face and head, good idea, or no?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Feb 7, 2014.

1. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Be her kid?

2. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity

[​IMG]

3. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Not necessarily. The US Army has strict policies on tattoo visibility when wearing uniform.

4. StuR

StuR Banned

I didn't see that one added to the list, are you sure?

It's completely unworkable anyway, discrimination of all kinds still exists, it just gets hidden under another legal category.

When I used to live in Edinburgh I used to regularly see "the worlds most pierced woman". She's also heavily tattooed, but tbh the way she looks now is the only reason a guy would give her a second look.
    She started to charge people to take her picture, that didn't work, so now she has a booth in the street for people to take her picture at. When not being paid she spends most of the day stood staring at a wall to stop unpaid pics being taken.
    So that all worked then. :rolleyes:

5. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Yeah, it's called, "I'm sorry. We hired someone already, but we'll hang on to your resume just in case."

The real difficulty for employers is when a long-time employee gets an extreme tattoo.

A lot of posts in this thread are assuming that the people with extreme tattoos don't have a job and won't be able to get one. However, lots of people with good jobs end up going down the tattoo path, and eventually they get a tattoo that makes the boss or other employees uncomfortable. Then it becomes an issue for the boss.
    If the employee is a good worker, why should a tattoo cause them to lose their job?

"We had to fire Susan in accounts receivable because she got a new tattoo that Frank in purchasing found distasteful."
    "Jason, the forklift driver, showed up for work with some kind of weird art on his face. Some of the old guys who work in the warehouse didn't like it, so we fired him."
    Sounds kind of stupid, doesn't it?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Fired means you go out the front door, with your jacket and umbrella and your picture of your sweetie pie.

Terminated means they take you out the back door and you're never seen again. This is cheaper for employers, since they owe no unemployment and the occasional employee who might do an expose is eliminated as a possibility.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Do you get one of these when you're terminated?

Attached Files:

8. Toto'sDad

Or one of these?

Attached Files:

9. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I think so.

This is like drug addiction, where small tattoos don't accomplish anything these days. You have to "overdose" to get any impact with them, and the rate at which the impact is weakening is pretty substantial in some localities.

I will say one thing though. Anyone who "pays their dues" and gradually inks up over time can sort of "earn" the right to have ink on their face. The chubby kid with no money and no clue in this world, who jumps past inking his body and goes straight for the cheek, he's a goofball and gets ignored by tattoo free and heavily tattooed people alike! ;)

For the record, I don't care for it at all, but I respect people's rights to do stuff. Rather see this than 2 pack a day smokers, chronic alcoholics or outrageously obese people. Tattoos won't ruin your health unless you get hep C or get mistaken for being in a rival gang - but for example riding a bike on the roads is not that safe either.

10. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

@ TD: That depends on where you're at on the food chain when you get canned.;)

11. radio

radio Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I have a good friend from nursing school, who had been a cosmetician. She told me that putting on her eyeliner was difficult, due to poor vision, so she had the lines tattooed. Voila! One more thing she didn't have to mess with a couple of times per day.

Most of what I hear about employers vs. tattoos is about the fear of having Ms. Face Tattoo representing their company to a public that may not be able to dissociate the rebel image from the service and products they are trying to sell.

What I find interesting in my line of work is our psychiatric patients (Customers) who tell me they can't afford the co-pay for their medications (I'm referring to the MUCH needed ones, the lack of which caused their appearance at the emergency room), but are sporting a few hundred dollars worth of new ideograms and other decorations on their neck and face.

As an aside, many emergency rooms have a chrome-plated version of those Stanley bolt-cutters on hand for detaching body hardware they can't unscrew before packing the patient off to the MRI machine. In the ER lore there are several stories about the piercing someone didn't spot on an unconscious person, always in a very sensitive area of the body!

12. Toto'sDad

I'm pretty safe, I don't gather tires for the smoke pile anymore, I'm retired so to speak.

13. Glen W

Glen W Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I'm thinking of one day maybe a picture of hair tattooed to the top of my head. Don't need it quite yet though.

14. 6942

6942 Poster Extraordinaire

Tattoos on the face?

Unless you like the Polynesian Warrior look, I'd respectfully say.....no.

15. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

I may be wrong, but to me, neck tattoo's = gang banger criminal. They really bother me. I don't even understand why they affect me that way, but they do.

16. wildkat-bob

wildkat-bob Tele-Afflicted

A " lost" of posts...Hmmm Canadian schoolteacher!! :rolleyes:

17. Shiro

Shiro Tele-Meister

So in your opinion, any woman that has a Tattoo is a tramp?

18. wutmornin

wutmornin Tele-Holic

Remember when the only tattoos you saw were on the forearms of military vets and only pro wrestlers shaved their heads?

Why can't these kids just grow their hair long and wear bell bottom jeans like we did? The world is going to h e double hockey sticks in a wicker basket.

Now, once again, get off of my yard.

19. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Poster Extraordinaire

Never get a tattoo where a judge can see it.

20. lendryesky

lendryesky Tele-Afflicted

I'd rather get a face tattoo as long as it's tasteful, than this famed tat:

[​IMG]

How long do you think it was before the novelty wore off?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.