Tascam MP-GT1 Anyone Using It?

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by pete-strych, Jun 9, 2014.

1. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

I need a guitar trainer to learn tunes in different keys than the original recordings. MP3 format. Pitch adjustments is more important to me than altering tempos. Suggestions....fellers and ladies.

2. bikeracr

bikeracr Tele-Meister

I just use Transcribe! and/or GarageBand for this type of thing.

3. Jhengsman

Jhengsman Tele-Holic

I have used the CD version for years after I switched to bass primarily I continue to use the guitar version. I would say that most of my practice at home is through it with headphones and not a small practice amp. Should it finally go out as CD players since the 80s have on me I think that I would upgrade

4. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

I just pulled the trigger on this one. High bid in eBay of $44 including adapter...score!! Tascam Mp-gt1 near mint with no songs on it. I can't wait to try it out with key/pitch changes for learning new materials. The other electric guitarist at church has an older CD version & swears by it...but without swearing (in church at least...jk)

5. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

Well I got this thing, & I've been trying for 4 days to upload songs to it. Anyone ever use one of these? Unfortunately, all of my downloads are from iTunes and are M4A files (AAC), but the Tascam unit only accepts MP3 files. How do you successfully Convert these files.?? I got only about the first 5 seconds of the songs to convert using freeware, etc. Rather frustrated about now.

6. Telepathist

Telepathist Tele-Afflicted

The iTunes music player will convert your files from AAC to MP3. I don't remember exactly how to do it off the top of my head but you can search iTunes Help or Google it to find instructions.

7. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

I have an older version of iTunes I need to upgrade. The newer songs I attempt to convert give me error messages, while older songs do convert fine??? When I try various freeware, I get error messages, or it converts only 0-6 seconds of the song. It is as if the more recent songs are formatted differently. I don't want to burn the songs onto a CD-R, then rip them to my computer outside of iTunes in order to upload them To the Tascam MP-GT1, but I may have to.

8. Telepathist

Telepathist Tele-Afflicted

9. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

Thanks Telepathist! Some people in that forum have the same EXACT comments as me. So...we are not all crazy. It just seems really inconsistent as to why some files (especially newer ones) are not converting. Some strange coding, licensing, glitch issue it seems. I am now going to explore the strange characters in the file name. It just makes no sense (a) why something so simple is so difficult, even for so-called techies, & (b) how come some songs just refuse to convert.

10. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

Well...it ain't the unusual characters on name, 'cause there aren't any??

11. jb12string

jb12string Tele-Afflicted

Have you tried upgrading iTunes yet?

12. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

Here's the latest. I upgraded iTunes, first. In preferences, I changed setting to import as MP3. That allowed me covert existing M4A files to MP3 about 75-80% of the time. Several just WILL
    NOT CONVERT. I am erasing/deleting those tunes & re-ripping those onto my computer...we'll see what happened with the remaining ones.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.