Tap tempo sharing?

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Mouth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Holic

I ordered a tap tempo tremolo board and a magnavibe board.

Can I just parallel the optocoupler output from the tremolo to the connection for the optocoupler on the magnavibe to share the feature? (I plan to put them both in the same enclosure.)

Would it be as simple as that?

2. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Holic

The waiting is the hardest part.

One from a small seller, one from UK. Still expectantly going to the mailbox every day...

To answer my own question, I think it may be as simple as that. They both can use the same optocoupler. I'm going to take a stab at it. Worst case if it doesn't work, I'll build them separately.

Next curiosity is if I can do a midi in for sync.

3. matmosphere

matmosphere Tele-Holic

The answer is... maybe. Schematics would be helpful, or you can just try it and see if it works.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  4. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Holic

Maybe is better than no. Thanks.

I dont think I want to get into posting schematics and all that. I'm just going to give it a shot.

Both boards are delivered. Components due Thursday. Enclosure, switches, knobs, other odds etc coming soon(no tracking, but ordered a few days ago).

I've found some build threads for the tremolo on diystompboxes

It's from musicpcb called tap tempo tremolo and the vibrato(they actually call it "tremelo", so I guess I'm making 2 kinds of tremolos in one box) is magic vibes tremelo from fuzzdog. I'm thinking of a lot of possible variations to put in.

I ordered a 1590dd enclosure in case it needs to be huge.

The documentation says any of the pots can be controlled with 0-5V control voltage and it can send 0-5V, so I'm hopeful it'll sync with other gear.

I'm thinking about how to have preset tempos available on footswitches.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  5. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Holic

I decided to build them separately for now. I socketed the optocouplers so I can still experiment with the sharing.

I finally got time to do the drilling

One mostly done.

Left stomp switch is Tap will get the flashing tempo led, middle is Multipier(may limit to one multplier and put a bicolor led for 1x and 2x), right is Bypass and will get an on/bypass status led.

20200331_191116.jpg

20200331_191046.jpg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.