Tap Tempo Construction

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by jshape, Aug 25, 2014.

1. jshape

jshape TDPRI Member

What's up y'all. I've got a Boss DD-7, and I'm trying to utilize the tap tempo function with an external tap. I've got a generic one-button latching pedal, originally designed to switch between channels on my amp. Because this is a latching pedal, when I use it to tap in the tempo, the pedal responds like I'm tapping at half the time I really am (1/4 note taps are interpreted as 1/2 notes, and so on). Does anyone know if it's possible, and if so how, to convert this pedal to a non-latching unit, or rewire it so that the signal is constant? I have attached a picture of how it's wired currently.

By the way, I know I could get a Boss FS-5U for this, but I like the way the button I already have fits on my pedal board. Any help is appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Attached Files:

2. luckett

luckett Banned

Replace the latching switch with a momentary switch.

3. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire

Looks like there are just two wires in the sheath of the lead to the plug, right? The other wires I'm seeing are just bridging terminals on the switch? If so, buy this: http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=672 Connect the red to one terminal, and the white to the other. Doesn't matter which goes to which. It doesn't get any easier than that!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.