Talkin about the midnight rambler, the one you never seen before

Tarkus60

Tele-Afflicted
1656707253311.png

effzee

Tele-Holic
Fans of the awesome ya yas album should definitely acquaint themselves with the Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe edition, with a lot of live recordings from the era, it's a real gem

kuch

Tele-Holic
Fans of the awesome ya yas album should definitely acquaint themselves with the Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe edition, with a lot of live recordings from the era, it's a real gem
How many of you out there remember the original "Sticky Fingers" album cover with an actual zipper on the jeans??

I don't think they're very rare. I still have mine.
I'm pretty sure I still have my original "Get Your Ya Yas out" album too.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter

I have a Rambler story, College 1976

OK, my first year, 3 of from the same HS in VA, wound up going to the same College in Erie, PA (another story )

On school holidays, we actually paid a Senior, also from No.VA, Bruce, who had a beat up, but functional '60's Rambler to drive us back to our VA homes ( then back to Erie, after breaks).

It was an 8 hour, freezing-*ss trip in Winter, and the passenger front door latch did not work. Door would not close.

I'm 6'5", so I always got to sit up front- holding/pulling a rope, attached to the door tight, to keep door from opening- but worth the $15 ( each ) trip home!

* miss those days, even miss Erie!

Last edited:

effzee

Tele-Holic
My favorite song from the ya ya's concert, Street Fighting Man. They're on fire. I crank this one up and focus on Kieth's chording while all the other explode around him

clayville

Tele-Meister
Ya Yas is the Ur-text of my guitar playing life - always has been, always will be.

At our first 'gig', a high school battle of the bands in the mid-70s, we were following a band with a horn section doing Chicago covers (with lots of their family/friends in the crowd). We were scruffy, terrified, bad boys and spent an eternity tuning up when we took the stage. But eventually I stepped up to the mic, shouted "Charlie's good t'night", ripped into Honky Tonk Women and blew the roof off.

It's been aces ever since - in memory at least.

Last edited:

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire

Just seeing Sister Morphine listed makes me want to pick up my acoustic and play it. I only wish I could play the Ry Cooder slide bits. I didn’t realize that Marianne Faithful co-wrote it and released it 2 years before the Stones. Great song!
How many of you out there remember the original "Sticky Fingers" album cover with an actual zipper on the jeans??
Me! It was so cool. Almost as cool as the man on fire cover of Wish You Were Here.

As for Rambler, it’s a fun song to play but I hate the subject matter!

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
One of the greatest live rock recordings, from the peak period of the Stones' output. The quality declined, in the post-Taylor era, IMO- but no other rock band had such a run of wonderful records, comparable with their output, between '67 and '76.

A powerful gateway drug, introducing many of us kids to the Blues.:cool: