Talk me out of the TC Spark Mini pedal that is on sale at Sweetwater

KC

Friend of Leo's
The full-size Spark was on sale for quite a while at $50 and it's nice to have the EQ. I use it in straight up boost mode, don't use the Fat or Mid settings, and I mainly just use it to goose the front end of the amp, so the mini one might work. If it sounds as good as the 4-knob version, it's a winner.

Whatizitman

Poster Extraordinaire
$40 is worth trying any decent pedal. Sparks get good reviews. I'd consider it if I didn't mind dealing with Sweetwater's "aftercare". I have yet to buy anything from them. Too afraid to open that can-O'-pandora.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I asked them not to call me on the phone and they complied, just FYI.
Yep. Pretty easy. They’ll do whatever you ask them to.

Also, just cause your phone rings doesn’t mean you have to answer it. Mine never rings at all. It lives in silent mode. When it vibrates I look at it. If it’s somebody I want to talk to, I do. If it’s not, I don’t.

Whatizitman

Poster Extraordinaire
Yep. Pretty easy. They’ll do whatever you ask them to.

Also, just cause your phone rings doesn’t mean you have to answer it. Mine never rings at all. It lives in silent mode. When it vibrates I look at it. If it’s somebody I want to talk to, I do. If it’s not, I don’t.

Same. I just prefer to not increase them. I already have enough online music gear accounts as it is. Sweetwater has built their name on sales relationships. That’s a good thing for pros and high volume buyers. Neither of those apply to my use cases. And it’s not like a similar deal won’t come up on MF or GC at some point.

Whatizitman

Poster Extraordinaire
How many tc switches have you changed? Polytune?

Not sure about TC specifically. No polytune. I’ve replaced switches in my boosta grande and a caline, iirc. I fixed a double muff that came from the factory with a bad solder on the switch. I’ve replaced and/or repaired several wah switches over the years. I’m no electronics pro. I just like to tinker. Pedals are quite simple to mod and repair. The boosta grande was $20 used. The double muff I got refunded due to the defect. Samash told me just to keep the pedal. I fixed it, and sold it soon after cuz it sucked. Lots of ways one save a few bucks here and there by just learning to do simple wiring repairs.

EDIT: come to think of it, I think fixing my friend’s wah switch was one of the first repairs I ever did. I was still very new to soldering. It was many years ago.

basher

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Er, hm. Well, if you're using it to boost your solos in the effects loop or in front of a high-headroom amp, the useful range is about 7:30-8:00 on the knob, and in the heat of battle it's really easy to kick the knob and deafen everybody in the room. So be careful! Other than that it's an easy-to-use, great sounding boost, and at $40 it's a stellar deal.

daveIT

Tele-Holic
$40 is worth trying any decent pedal. Sparks get good reviews. I'd consider it if I didn't mind dealing with Sweetwater's "aftercare". I have yet to buy anything from them. Too afraid to open that can-O'-pandora.
You can just call or email them and tell them not to call or email you. If you don't tell them, they'll do their thang...

Maguchi

Tele-Afflicted
No can do! If it sounds anything like the regular sized TC Spark Booster, it'll be great. I bought one from Sweetwater for $49 a few months ago and I love it.

TcSparkBoost4.jpg

P.S. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's probably a duck.

Last edited: