Talk me out of the JHS morning glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

johmica

Tele-Afflicted
Just do it. In in a hundred years, no one will even know that this decision existed. Enjoy life while it lasts.

Mike_LA

Tele-Afflicted
Hummmm, I don't know.
I just keep turning the knob marked gain.
I'm usually pretty happy .....
20200206_102017.jpg

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
Are you looking go get vintage type tones or more modern? If it's the former then something else will suit you better. JHS makes great pedals but I find (out of the bunch I have tried and few ive owned) their circuits, with the exception of the Thunderbolt, have a modern sheen to the tone that doesn't quite jive with more old school styles.

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Like I need another overdrive. But I am a sucker for mild transparent overdrives though... This one seems right up my alley. Right now I use a Barber Gain Changer for a light overdrive, a Love Pedal les louis for my "heavy" overdrive and a tube screamer to tie things together when needed. I'm thinking there could be room for one more. I'd probably use it as I do the gain changer, just to add a little texture. How do you guys like yours?
Wish I could, but I have one myself and love the thing 😊
You can never own too many overdrive pedals.
Variety is the spice of life, from light to high gain.
Stacking OD pedals also brings in a lot of different possibilities.
Last count, I had 10 different OD drive pedals :eek:
My latest is the Analogman Prince of Tone, bought it while I wait for my turn on the King of Tone waitlist.

Last edited:

Cosmic Cowboy

Tele-Afflicted
Had one on the board for almost 4 years when I played on Sundays. Really good tones with my HSS strat I played up to 3 services daily.

I cannot talk you out of it...cause if you want a BluesBreaker kinda breakup...it is a good one.

Hoodster

Friend of Leo's
This Anderton’s vid compares the MG to the Tone City clone and concludes it’s the same pedal.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Like I need another overdrive. But I am a sucker for mild transparent overdrives though... This one seems right up my alley. Right now I use a Barber Gain Changer for a light overdrive, a Love Pedal les louis for my "heavy" overdrive and a tube screamer to tie things together when needed. I'm thinking there could be room for one more. I'd probably use it as I do the gain changer, just to add a little texture. How do you guys like yours?
This was on my short list along with the Carbon and the Lightspeed. The Lightspeed ended up the winner due to the range if highs I was after. Can’t really go wrong with any of them though.

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
I’m at the point where every time I think about getting a new drive pedal I remember that none of them are different enough to make any difference to my overall sound. In fact, I’m pretty sure I can tweak everyone of them to sound exactly like each other.
I used to go into every purchase with anticipation of something new and wonderful only to be disappointed that I bought into the hype.

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I give as much credence to what comes out of Reddit as I do the gossip rags in the grocery store :rolleyes:

I have been following JHS Pedals for years and have purchased several JHS pedals and will continue to do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.