1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Talk me out of buying a Behringer powered mixer

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by Mr Perch, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Ed Boyd

Ed Boyd Tele-Afflicted

Don't buy it the chemical used in Behringer plastic knobs will give you herpes.

2. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

I've used a few Carvin products over the years, guitars and amps. I have nothing but Good Things to say about them.

If Carvin is good enough for Timmy B Schmit (multi millionaire), it's good enough for me.
    [​IMG]

3. Mr Perch

Mr Perch Tele-Afflicted

OK, I done bought me one. It looks big in this picture...
    [​IMG]

...but land o' Goshen, it is a tiny little sucker! Actually lighter and more compact than the smallest Behringer. So, if it kicks sufficient booty, I'm getting exactly what I wanted. If not, it's back to Guitar Center.

4. buckfuzzard

buckfuzzard Tele-Meister

Yes, its very small indeed, but works great. I hope it works well for you.
    Let us know how it works for you Mr Perch.

I'm a fan of Carvin gear, I also have a Carvin AG100 acoustic amp that's been good to me for many years.

5. gtrman56

gtrman56 TDPRI Member

I worked for 20 years installing sound (and other low volt) systems. Several of the Behringer mixer/amps we installed had power amp issues within a year of use, including one that burned the circuit board beyond repair. We quit using them and went back to using Peavey mixer/amps. A little more expensive, but a LOT more reliable. We had no problems with Behringers other stuff, (mixers, eqs, etc...).

6. Mr Perch

Mr Perch Tele-Afflicted

Well, this thread did in fact prevent me from purchasing a Behringer. But I must admit that their little mixers look cool.

7. Big John Studd

Big John Studd Friend of Leo's

Sounds like you got a deal, Mr. Perch. And it looks like you have a lot more functionality than with that Behringer...multi-band EQ, a monitor channel, some effects, and a USB power port to charge your phone! I almost always refuse that extended coverage (pro coverage, etc.) when offered by a retailer on something like a TV or DVD player, but in the case of PA gear that will be going in and out of a bar I think it is good to consider.

8. Mr Perch

Mr Perch Tele-Afflicted

I have had good experience with Guitar Center's Pro Coverage. You don't have to shell out the bucks to ship your gear to some distant location. When my Super Champ XD, which I bought from them used, went south, they simply refunded the purchase price.

9. Big John Studd

Big John Studd Friend of Leo's

This is good to know. Yeah, I bought a $50 four year replacement plan on a couple of Mackie SRM450's from Best Buy that I got for bar gigs a couple of years ago. Supposedly it's a "no questions asked" replacement if anything goes wrong, but I've not had to exercise the option.

10. Mr Perch

Mr Perch Tele-Afflicted

We finally got a chance to gig with it last night. Sweet.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.