Talk About Your Last Gig Here

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Patio gig with my old friend Dan Morris tonight. Yes, he’s a steel player, and we know they’re all a little weird. So he does sometimes go by “Steely Dan”. Too funny.

We’ve been making music together for seventeen years now. I love the guy.

Attachments

• 033823B4-11D1-40FE-99AD-0A56EDB5102D.jpeg
    033823B4-11D1-40FE-99AD-0A56EDB5102D.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 9261A434-71B5-4FF7-8740-57C9250AA521.jpeg
    9261A434-71B5-4FF7-8740-57C9250AA521.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 36
  • A88BD08F-0812-4BD7-8935-027B330C9E41.jpeg
    A88BD08F-0812-4BD7-8935-027B330C9E41.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
My bass gig last night at my old haunt went well.
Though it’s been months since I’ve done a bass gig, I did not forget how.
The crowd was large, rowdy and generous.
My bass rig sounded great, and I also enjoyed the new tapewound strings on the P bass.
I’m seriously considering modifying my bass with a TV Jones Supertron pickup.
Anyways, another good one!

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Bedlam House Band returned to the local Kirknewton Gala Day yesterday - dry and mostly sunny day, good location for the band tent next to the Beer Tent so a decent number of people came along to listen. The last time we were there was 3 years ago, the 2020 and 2021 galas were cancelled due to C*#*[email protected]
Second gig with my Jazz Chorus 40, GP-10 and GK-3-equipped guitar, on this occasion my Jazzmaster. (Due to the very flat string radius near the bridge the GK-3 doesn’t play nice with my Elite Tele.) As before it mostly gets used to do a bit of crunch, sometimes with the JM’s own pickups and sometimes an emulated Tele, and to do 12-string and acoustic guitar sounds on a few songs. Quite a nice electric piano patch for the intro to Feeling Good and organ sound for Pump It Up but I’m not going crazy with synth sounds on everything.
First gig with our new PA - powered speakers fed by a Behringer XR18. We only got the XR18 on Thursday for a Saturday gig so learned a lot at one rehearsal + the show! Before we only had an old Mackie 10-channel mixer with 2 mic preamps, so it is a huge a change for us to have so many channels available - we ran the electric guitars and bass in using line outs from their amps, and for the first time mic‘d the kick drum and snare. The bass player and I had IEMs for monitoring, and there was a separate monitor mix for the stage (using a little old PA, we might try to get a couple of better wedges).
The XR18 has been great except for its well-known bête noire of erratic connectivity. We knew not to trust the built in 2.5GHz WiFi so had an external WiFi router, but that was acting up as well, turning itself off occasionally - we think because it is sensitive to the power supply (which was from a generator). So we managed to get the mix set up, we had another band playing before and made a few tweaks as they were playing so we were happy with the sound, and then when we were playing the WiFi went and we couldn’t make any further changes without stopping everything… luckily it all sounded good enough by then. Next time we will find a way to have a wired connection if the WiFi gets flaky (though the great advantage of WiFi is being able to have someone out front tweaking things as you go so I don’t see us going wired-only).

Last edited:

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I just finished a very pleasant duo gig with Tracie Lynn at a nice senior living complex in far north Austin.
She called at 9:30AM for a gig that started at at 11:30.
We had a great time, were were paid and fed very well!
We were done at 1.
I’m heading home now!
P.S.
My Ibanez Artist went on it’s maiden gig voyage.
It sounded, and played great!

Last edited:

skerwo

Tele-Holic
Our gig on saturday night was great. Cool location, great audience, perfect sound with our own pa and good tips though it was really hot and end of a holiday season.

We got a lot of compliments for our three piece band and a new booking in this venue. Here's a short compilation of some songs we played there.

dannyh

Friend of Leo's
I had my Thursday trio gig and Saturday full band gigs at Eddie V’s this week, then tonight I played with the Jazz Monsters big band at Chef Point in Watauga. Outdoor gig, and it got a little steamy, but we managed. I took my Strat…not exactly a classic big band axe, but the strings on it were pretty much done and I didn’t want to sweat all over and gunk up the new strings my 333. Gotta love outdoor gigs in Texas. Played it through the Hot Rod Deluxe. Had a good time, we played some cool “new to me” charts and had a nice pasta dinner. Good wrap up for the weekend.

Tonight’s gig rig:

AA002DF7-D34A-4A0E-89C8-69FE9C6CB451.jpeg

Fret Wilkes

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
My gig Staurday (3-7pm) went really well. Our new material went off pretty much without a hitch, and the crowd (strong) responded well. We use the house PA at this joint, but we always supplement with a center floor speaker aiming out from between the monitors. We played indoors, but they did have a open air seating area outdoors, so we also ran an extension speaker out side. We got many "THANKS!" for that.

My Blonde Tone Master Twin Reverb once again came through in spades. I had it at the 40W setting and it just killed. I'm loving this amp. After wrestling with a Quilter Micropro Mach II head and a 2x12 Weber Californai cab for about five years, just never really getting to where I wanted to be, the TMTR instantly did what I wanted. What a relief!

dannyh

Friend of Leo's
Nice Strat! I'm looking at one that looks just like it. A partscaster, but all GREAT parts! Price is right too. I'm just leery of spending the money in the current financial climate. I'll probably kick myself if I don't do it, but ....
Thanks! That one's just a garden variety reissue, but the neck is a little bigger than most I've tried and I had to grab it. I know the struggle, good luck...

WireLine

Tele-Afflicted
Saturday night honkytonk in Lubbock. Epi Les Paul outfitted with rewound SD Antiquity mini humbucker, effects board MXR Dynacomp, Vox 810 drive, and Boss DD5, Quilter Interblock 45, 210 cab with Fender Blue Frame 10s

Tip bucket full, paycheck ok. Always fun when someone in crowd hollers out “I love this band more than a fat kid love cake”

Gnometowner

Tele-Meister
Played at Fathers day brunch at Westport Marina cafe on Keystone lake near Tulsa.
2hr solo gig with Boss RC10 & my Yamaha Transacoustic & vocal through my Street Cube, played leads on my Strat through my Nextone.
First paid gig since 2019
Made $100 + food and got invited back, owner complimented my guitar tone and sensible volume. Roland/Boss is some fine gear.

skerwo

Tele-Holic
Our gig on saturday night was great. Cool location, great audience, perfect sound with our own pa and good tips though it was really hot and end of a holiday season.

We got a lot of compliments for our three piece band and a new booking in this venue. Here's a short compilation of some songs we played there.

Here's another compilation from the gig. Only southern rock stuff.

dannyh

Friend of Leo's
Played another Cher tribute gig with Lisa Irion last night, this time in Hot Springs, Ark. Pretty cool old room that dates back to the 30’s (I believe). Good sound crew, no major snafus. Had a sub keyboard player, Carl (lives in Hot Springs), he did his homework and did a great job. Wife came with me and we got an Air B&B cabin, had another little mini vacation (it’s really beautiful up here). Good weekend. Played my LP and D18 again. For the LP I used the BF Deluxe.

4257461C-EC3F-4138-94B2-C912079A699B.jpeg

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I had gigs with Nathan on Friday and Saturday nights.
Friday’s at the Lone Star Bar in Pflugerville was smoky, and sparsely attended.
We played and sang our best, regardless.
Saturday’s, in Delhi at the 5R Bar was much better.
The venue has great food!
I get a ribeye and baked potato when we play there.
The band is getting noticeably better, and we seem to get along well.
We’re playing the Young family’s 4th of July celebration on the 2nd, this coming Saturday.
Looking forward to it!