Talk About Your Last Gig Here

dannyh

Friend of Leo's
EF05EF12-6710-4A3E-8339-160A84CB3CA6.jpeg

Had a twofer today. Played the Arlington Music Hall from 2-4 backing up Lisa Layne’s “Reflections of Patsy Cline” show. Lisa has been doing the PC Tribute thing since the early 90s and does a great job. Fun band; had drums, bass, steel, piano and me on guitar. Good pay, comp’d lunch, and the venue was a nice old converted movie theatre with great house sound and crew. Good gig.

After that I blasted off for Eddie Vs Dallas. Good crowd, pretty good tips, no complaints. Played the Vibroverb Reissue on the first gig and the Princeton on the second. Used the AV64 for both gigs.

tweeet

Tele-Afflicted
First gig post lockdown ....last night....a wedding....a two hour set. Got a call three weeks ago asking if we could do it...the guy I sing with was free so we agreed (we're a guitar/vocal duo). On arrival everyone looked right miserable....and despite our best efforts...half way through the gig they still looked like they wanted to be elsewhere.

Anyway...we had a break and went back on to do the second hour...we were 30 mins into it when a girl, say early 20's ,came up to us and asked if we could 'turn it down as the babies and kids are trying to get to sleep' !!! Red rag to a bull....I said 'well thanks everyone this is our last one'....did the song...did one encore and packed up and went home. During the 50 mile return home...I reflected on the fact that these were the type of gigs that made my mind up to stop gigging a few years back. I've picked up my fee ...but had no enjoyment whatsoever from it and neither did my singing partner, who still does it full time poor sod !

Oxidao

Tele-Holic
First gig post lockdown ....last night....a wedding....a two hour set. Got a call three weeks ago asking if we could do it...the guy I sing with was free so we agreed (we're a guitar/vocal duo). On arrival everyone looked right miserable....and despite our best efforts...half way through the gig they still looked like they wanted to be elsewhere.

Anyway...we had a break and went back on to do the second hour...we were 30 mins into it when a girl, say early 20's ,came up to us and asked if we could 'turn it down as the babies and kids are trying to get to sleep' !!! Red rag to a bull....I said 'well thanks everyone this is our last one'....did the song...did one encore and packed up and went home. During the 50 mile return home...I reflected on the fact that these were the type of gigs that made my mind up to stop gigging a few years back. I've picked up my fee ...but had no enjoyment whatsoever from it and neither did my singing partner, who still does it full time poor sod !
copy

ricknbaker

Tele-Afflicted
Last Sunday, our first gig for over 18 months. Local pub here in Watford. About 60-70 crowd size, which isn't bad. I think it was the first time out for most of them too, going by the excellent reception we got.

Usual rig of Am. Special Tele into Classic 30 with extension speaker and a Marshall compressor. Lp Jr on standby, wasnt needed.
IMG-20210801-WA0002.jpg

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
After moving from Houston to Colorado, did my first gig in Colorado today. Art in the Park type deal, outdoors in Loveland, CO.

I did a one-hour set solo, a mix of originals and covers, 1/2 acoustic and 1/2 electric. Ran both guitars through my SF Princeton (no-verb). Worked fine. Small PA set up, one monitor, easy. My regular Gibson flattop and then my old SG. Small pedal board. Nice crowd, lunch hour.

Because the music tent was located between the beer garden and the lunch picnic tables, had a fair size crowd. Weather was fine while I was playing, warmed up in the afternoon. All in all, pretty easy gig.

hollowman

Friend of Leo's
6th show of the year so far, this one in Lawrence KS Friday night at the Replay. Played 90 minutes with only 4 covers. Running my '18 Tele Rosewood neck > Keeley BD > Keeley Comp > Dr Z Maz 18 NR
IMG_1313.jpg
. (sorry i like the comp after the BD).

Had a good night, hopefully got some new fans. Band is StrawBilly, check us out on I tunes or spotify ("home of the hits") if you have a sec

More shows scheduled, BUT we'll see what happens with Covid. Can't wait to get back to normal, if that exists. Cheers
"

Teddyjack

Friend of Leo's
Played an outdoor lunchtime gig yesterday in City Hall Park (Burlington, VT) as part of the City Arts Summer Music series. It was fun, we sounded good, got paid well but it was hot (95 with high humidity). My set up was the '82 tele through my Vox AC15VR w/a volume pedal, a looper for one song, three bottles of water and an iced coffee! The more I play the Vox the more I like it. Plus it's easier to haul around than my SR.
bo in the park.jpg

dannyh

Friend of Leo's
Played a gig in Colleyville, Texas tonight with a country band I play with occasionally. This was part of a summer concert series the City puts on every year. Gig was under a stone pergola-like pavilion in front of the City Hall building. Rather steamy weather, and the reflection coming off the stone pergola didn’t help; I was a sweaty mess by the time we finished. Gig was only for 90 minutes, but that was long enough in that heat for me. Had a great crowd, way more than I anticipated. Made pretty good money, had a good time…played my AV64 and AVRI 52 teles through the vibroverb.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Last night’s trio gig with NCY at Hound Song Brewery in Columbus went well.
The crowd was rowdy and fully involved.
My C&C rig again served me well.
Bassist Ken and I sang through my Fishman acoustic amp.
I tried their dark beer, and really enjoyed it.
We could hear our vocals well, so we sounded our best.
The pay and tips were very good, too!

dannyh

Friend of Leo's
Played a duo gig with my cohort Byron at the Cork House Winery in Waxahachie tonite. Good crowd, good tips, good gig. Gig was 7-10…no complaints about those hours. Look forward to getting back in there soon.

Played my Gretsch 5129 tonite. I haven’t played it out that much, but I’ve spent a lot of time with it at home, and I gotta say I love that guitar. This one has the knock off Dynasonics that Gretsch used for a while in the early 2000’s, and I really have to wonder why they don’t continue to offer those pickups on a few models. I like filtertrons a lot, and the fact that FT’s are humbucking is very appealing and useful, but these Dynasonics are just killer sounding pickups, to my ears at least. Im really Jonesing to play through some higher end versions, like T-Armonds or the Duncan version (or the real deal for that matter). Im kinda surprised Lollar doesn’t make a version (or maybe they do, but I don’t remember seeing them). I had to stop myself from ending every song on a 6/9 chord with a little Bigsby lol. I was in Cliff Gallup heaven…

For an amp I used the Princeton Reverb.

Last edited:

Slippery Jack

Tele-Meister

I remember a wedding gig that I did about twenty years ago, when the singer said that he knew that it was going well when the various mothers were pushing their kids out of the room in the pushchairs. He later commented that the ringing in the ears would last longer than the marriage. Turned out to be true.

Slippery Jack

Tele-Meister
Had our second post lockdown gig last night. It was at a club where we had been booked for last year's New Years Eve (cancelled). A great night.

I played my Les Paul into my 5E3 clone with an extension speaker. It was a big stage so I was able to turn it up, which was nice. After decades of playing teles exclusively, that's two on the trot with a Les Paul. Right, the next one is going to be the Tele.

Lindford club.jpg

dougstrum

Friend of Leo's
It was a night of wild storms, heading west on 64 the horizon was a wall of black with flashes of lightning. The sky open as I arrived at the brewery, a barmaid held an umbrella and door for me. No surprise we set up indoors to a sparse yet appreciative crowd~one guy said I was smoking:eek:
It was fun using OD pedal almost never do that these days~
Lot of debris and downed trees on the way home

harpdog

Tele-Afflicted
Private party for a 50th wedding anniversary. Player Tele to TMDR.
We played from our "Care Home" sets.
Very sweet.
Ot occurred to me, thinking on the old couple dancing, that this could turn out to be one of their last cherished memories.
Heavy, yet awesome. It puts a different perspective on this egocentric pursuit of performing, elevating it to a mission with purpose.

harpdog

Tele-Afflicted
Two days in a row. Town festival main stage for Sunday afternoon. Logan Tele to TMDR, all amps line-out to mixer. Pro sound guy provided.
Great gig, added a favorite drummer for this. Good sound, good fest, good pay, and contract for next year! (And roasted corn on the cob, an August favorite)

A35C1D32-E8A7-4836-84C4-4946992EDD95.jpeg