Taking your daughter to a concert

Jimclarke100

Friend of Leo's
I regularly go to concerts with my older daughter.

The first was Green Day in Hyde Park - That was a fabulous day: She right away dragged me as far to the front as we could manage; the first live band she ever saw was Stiff Little Fingers then The Damned, Golgol bordello, the Hives, Rancid and then Green Day (who were preceded by 65000 people singing Bohemian Rapsody).

Weve been to many more since - the last couple were her choice: My Chemical Romance who I enjoyed way, way more than I expected, and othe the other extreme “Mom Jeans” in a tiny punk venue in Camden.

She’s doing a great job of keeping me young - or at least almost keeping me in touch.

Dostradamas

Tele-Afflicted
First successful show with my kid

Seventeen and we have had tickets since 2/20.

Ween put on a great show
She got a cool beanie
Oregon weather cooperated
a great night image000001.jpg

wrathfuldeity

Tele-Afflicted
Oldest was Beastie Boys.
Middle was Jimmy Vaughn and he got to hang out with Jimmy on the tour bus...but he was only 2 years old. At about 9 yrs old the Greatful Dead in Eugene. Youngest was Cold Play or Ziggy...don't remember which was first.

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
Our kids have always gone to gigs, right from when they were tiny. Obviously, that was mostly local stuff. The first proper gig our eldest went to was New Model Army for her 14th birthday. She's a tiny little thing, built like a twiglet, but she spent the whole gig in the pit, pushing and shoving with the best of them. I was very proud! She got given a set list at the end, too.
I’m bummed out that NMA apparently had such a rough time at customs on their 2007 us tour that they haven’t come back since.

bloomz

Tele-Holic
My kid's first (12 yeard old) was Crue and Kiss, and it was LOUD - what an intro to R&R!
Next one was Paul, and I told him he had to see ROYALTY

Jackroadkill

Tele-Holic
I’m bummed out that NMA apparently had such a rough time at customs on their 2007 us tour that they haven’t come back since.

They've had a tough time in the US generally; first of all they were refused visas for 20-odd years because their music "lacked artistic merit" (but Take That were okay?!) and then when they were finally granted visas, as you say, they had their gear pulled apart, crazy searches etc. Still, we got the live album "Eff Texas, Sing For Us" out of it, so it's not all bad.

Did you get to see them on that tour?

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
They've had a tough time in the US generally; first of all they were refused visas for 20-odd years because their music "lacked artistic merit" (but Take That were okay?!) and then when they were finally granted visas, as you say, they had their gear pulled apart, crazy searches etc. Still, we got the live album "Eff Texas, Sing For Us" out of it, so it's not all bad.

Did you get to see them on that tour?
Yeah, i got to see them two or three times. They’re one of my favorite bands and it’s annoying that the US government’s bad behavior seems to mean I’d have to go to Europe to see them again.

They were actively mad about it on stage the last time I saw them, and they got really upset when someone requested 51st State.

Friend of Leo's
Neil Young with Crazy Horse in what was then known as the NEC ... in the standing (mosh if you will) area. There was strange fug of aromatics there too.
Mind you .... when off to concerts with their Dad, Grand-kids are now, "...why can't Grandpa come too?" .... 'cos Grandpa's knees tell him it's better not to ;)

Stubee

Doctor of Teleocity
We took our daughter to see Stevie Wonder when she was maybe 12? She also saw Aerosmith & the Black Crowes, then SRV & Joe Cocker. Good times!