Taking a Break

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
The internet has no rules except those the moderators choose to enforce when they choose to enforce them. Accepting that as the reality of on line life, you have choices. I have choices.

Snarkyness bothers me, so I make it a point to apologize for any of my posts that upon rereading them, I think might cut too deep. I get pssst sometimes but I also make it a point to ignore snarky posts from others. Ignore posts, not members. The feeling usually lasts for no more than a minute or two. And sometimes rereading the post I found offensive, I find a valid point crudely made. Not many of us are professional writers here. Do I care what people say? Emphatically yes. In fact when I open the forum, I look at alerts first, not for likes, for quotes. I'm very interested in how others respond to my comments. Do I take things personally? I try not to and when I have thoughts of a personal nature to share I share than through PMs. So there is a way to share comments of a political nature or comments close enough to the line to derail a thread without offending anyone or interfering with others' use and enjoyment of the forum.

So I stay. I don't open the forum when I'm too tired to write. I don't close it when I'm pssst at someone's (to me) idiocy. And I don't threaten to leave. I don't think that in a forum with thousands of active members more than a handful would care and even they shouldn't.

esseff

Friend of Leo's
I deleted my short cuts to some websites (including this one) so that they're not just a convenient click away. Now I need to google-search if I want to access them. Often I can't be bothered so my cunning plan has worked. 😇

Tele1966

Friend of Leo's
I stayed away for about a year. I'm back because there are people here I genuinely like and care about.

Last edited:

Poster Extraordinaire
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Video dropped last night. Happy with it. Thought I’d pop in to share. I’m on the flame guitar.

1652824100639.png

bigbean

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Y'all stop back when y'er in the mood. 'sall just digits.

I go hot and cold with TDPRI. Mostly good folks here and I enjoy the international perspective sometimes. but.....Sometimes I scan the threads and go MEH. (It's not you honey, it's me..... Nah, check that, it's you)

Sometimes I can't get enough or say enough.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Aside from these times I wouldn’t say anything. But on the off chance someone notices, it seems right.

I’m taking a break from the site. Find myself checking too often. Actually caring what people say. Pushing tongue-in-cheek or matter-of-fact into snarky. Got gear that works but this milieu keeps me looking and cycling (my fault).

Be well.
If it matters, I have not registered you ramping up the snark, and I like reading your posts.

But I have felt the need to disengage before so I think I can relate to what you say.

Hope you will come back though. Keep rockin it!