Take Your Tele To A Holiday!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Sotakoira Musti, Jul 21, 2019.

1. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

How about taking a break from guitar from time to time, when on vacation?

2. Sotakoira Musti

Sotakoira Musti Tele-Meister

Well, that would be reasonable, if I’d have had an extensive period of playing. The bands are going nowhere atm, and it’s been a slow spring/summer. Having a knee surgery done with extensive complications, being on a sick leave from January and feeling pain 23/7, being so ill for months, that playing guitar was the last thing in my mind. Pure survival. Now that things are looking a bit brighter, playing is a good therapy and it makes me forget the misery.

And it’s not like I play all the time on a vacation / holiday trip. It’s those late hours after full day of familyactivities, when everyone else is in bed and I’m all alone. With a couple of beers, a glass of wine etc. Just pure bliss of playing music for a while. An hour, two hours, 15-30 mins or so.

So, I thank you for the advise, but I think I’ll enjoy my trip more when having the possibility to play whenever I want.

awasson likes this.
  3. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I understand about being on sick leave with nothing but time on your hands but being so ill that playing guitar was the last thing on your mind. That happened to me too. Time for you to catch up. Enjoy your holidays and your guitar playing.

I’m going travelling for a month soon. It will be my longest time without a guitar. I may have to rent a guitar once I arrive in England to take with me. Or maybe pick up a small acoustic.

Sotakoira Musti likes this.
  4. Sotakoira Musti

Sotakoira Musti Tele-Meister

Greetings from Lisbon!

Got here yesterday evening, had a little situation at the airport when the guitar case didn’t arrive at the luggage belt. Found it eventually, was concidered an ”oversized”, so there it was sitting on a another belt for these items.

To the hotel and straight to bed. Got up this morning with terrible pain in my left knee, the one that had an artificial joint installed 2 months ago. Then full horror: I had forgot my painkillers (or 1 out of 4) back home. And another painkillers was already out, enough for a couple of days max. Our hotel manager is a great lady. Went to talk with her and she called me a cab and sent to a private hospital. It took about 30 mins, very nice and hospitale staff. The lady doctor gave me prescriptions to those missing drugs. 95€ and that’s it. Cheap, frindly and fast. Then to the pharmacy, a grocery store and back to the apartment for a breakfast.

Cool fridge:

F365C87F-0267-4A52-B89B-EE33CEFC50DB.jpeg

Cool amp for music listening or iRig:

0C327D0A-CB91-477B-8FB6-8A3A562BB36C.jpeg

And the view from the rooftop terrace:

BE3501B2-B386-4EFD-8A02-9AABDE45EDB3.jpeg

This journeys companions are my dear wife and Shell Pink Baja. Just sang a little song and there’s nobody to listen except for some birds. Isn’t life great!

Jay Jernigan, awasson and perttime like this.
  5. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Meister

So, where are you today, traveler?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.