Take Your Tele To A Holiday!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Sotakoira Musti, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Sotakoira Musti

Sotakoira Musti Tele-Meister

Just flew this morning from EFHK to EFIV with my family. The rest took their luggages, I took my Tele.

So, now being in a log cabin 250 km north of polar circle (Lapland) and having still nigh on midnight summer. Tele, iRig and a pad. Gonna go to the spa, a visit to Norway, do a campfire and grill sausages etc. And in the between some playing.

The plane

DEB19DC3-3358-47A9-8CBB-36B6307CC68F.jpeg

First reideers welcomed us at the airport parking lot

1231CA56-FA44-4827-8F79-F38A0F6B82A0.jpeg

My daughter taking a swim in a breezing pond

6E6C3E86-5510-49B2-B8E1-B1E7D4C0CA7A.jpeg

A view

76EB4A4E-0E46-4FA1-8818-2FB2E379C896.jpeg

The gear

F4BA8959-EEDE-4B3A-9F13-7ABD219A2172.jpeg

8659B110-7ED1-40A1-91DB-135B51ED0431.jpeg

Took a Pink Paisley a couple of years ago to the Canary Islands. And in a week, me and my wife will go to Portugal for a 1,5 weeks. A Tele will come with us.

There’s nothing nicer to have a complete silence, a good beer and a Tele to fiddle with.

Do you guys take guitars with you on your vacations?

elihu, brookdalebill, DonM and 18 others like this.
  2. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Afflicted

Nice! Yeah man, it ain't a holiday IMB without a Tele... or an ASAT.

3. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Cool shots! I especially like the reindeer.

I go on vacation to leave daily life behind, and that includes guitars - although I've been known to go on vacation and bring a couple home with me. :cool:

- D

4. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

It’s that cold there that you have your Tele leaning against a wood stove?

DonM, gampadug and Sotakoira Musti like this.
  5. Fretting out

Fretting out Tele-Afflicted

He said he was above the polar circle, I just looked it up and the average july temperature says 14-50 degrees maybe the o.p can tell us an exact temperature,

I tell you what, I wouldn’t be swimming in those temperatures

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Chunkocaster and Sotakoira Musti like this.
  6. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

Cool holiday in both ways. :) I took my Tele away last week, but it was a work trip and I just wanted to be able to sit and play it acoustically in the hotel room to pass the time in the evening. Not sure I'd get away with taking one on holiday with me though...

Chunkocaster and Sotakoira Musti like this.
  7. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Ad Free Member

Wonderful holiday! I'm glad you were able to bring your guitar along. And yes, the reindeer are really cool. They kind of set the tone of the holiday!

Sotakoira Musti likes this.
  8. Sotakoira Musti

Actually the outside temperature was 24 degrees celsius. Very warm day, being this north. Shorts and a tee was all we needed. The water in the pond was about 15-16 degrees celsius. Nothing compared to winter swimming, when we cut a hole in the ice and jump in!

I lit up the stove just to grill some sausages in the evening. I love making fires. I’ve always said that if I couldn’t light up a fire just using wood, a knife and a single match, I’d move to Timbuktu. And the Tele was put leaning against it just for the artistic impression. Took it off right after the photo :D

9. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

My wife and I are getting to the point in our lives where we're starting to travel a bit more. We bought a travel trailer, and took it out on a 3-day maiden voyage last month. I took my Logan Custom acoustic/electric guitar along. Didn't plug in, just took this one because of its slim profile (tele dimensions). I even had an audience!
    06-24-2019 - work's done, time to play.jpg 06-24-2019 - my audience.jpg

We're going on another trip this week, and I'm taking 3 guitars! That's because I'm going to be visiting family, including my guitar-playing younger brother. There are two we're going to record with, and my newest that he hasn't seen yet.

brookdalebill, DonM, G-52 and 5 others like this.
  10. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I don't get to holiday much but when I do I take my tele. I pull the neck off, pack it in my luggage and carry the body in my carry on backpack. Took it to the UK like that a few years ago. I'd only leave it home if I was looking at buying another guitar while I was away.

Great pics, they are making me want to take a holiday.

11. Sotakoira Musti

That’s so cool! I’d like to that when I retire. Just traveling around and singing songs. Keep up the good work and have a nice trip!

Br, Musti

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    LGOberean likes this.
  12. Sotakoira Musti

Oh man I love Lapland! And especially the reindeers. They appear virtually everywhere and doesn’t mind if I’m honking the horn or driving 3 meters behind them. We were in a spa, 3 reindeers came right to the front of the spa windows to have a lunch.

This one came just moments ago straight to our front yard and started eating grass. We went to the porch and there he was eating about 4 meters from us. Didn’t notice us at all with all that chewing. When one of my children made a bit louder noise, he stopped and turned into a stone. 10 seconds of hard thinking, 180 degrees turn and a quick retreat using a road.

28874ED9-EC30-4180-AB6B-D78B9CCD4F3C.jpeg

F25FE804-5E58-4ED6-ADEC-B80000B45315.jpeg

They aren’t the smartest of animals, but that makes them so unique. Last time we were up here, I had the misfortune to run over one reindeer. Was driving 80 km/h and it just jumped out of nowhere to the road. Luckily they are so small, that they don’t fall on to your hood and then through the windscreen. Had it been a moose, me and my wife would have been dead.

DonM, Keefsdad and perttime like this.
  13. perttime

perttime Tele-Afflicted

It can get pretty warm in Lapland. But I remember finding some snow in July, way back when I was there. It was between some rocks in a canyon shaped area.

The reindeer are only semi-wild. Somebody owns every single one of them. Making distinctive cuts in the ears is the traditional way to mark your rendeer.

Wikipedia image of the usual earmarks. The last one is an example of a combination that the owner will recognize from some distance:

Korvamerkit.png

14. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Holic

[​IMG]

Sorry.... I couldn't resist :lol:

[​IMG]

15. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Holic

REgarding your topic, I have three chances when travelling.

If there are friends with bands I take a Custom72 partcaster, if no jam or gig avalaible I take a parlor acoustic, a 00-18, if no or very small place to pack I take a soprano ukelele with the fourth strung with a classical fourth string and tuned like a guitar

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Sotakoira Musti likes this.
  16. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Holic

I've taken a Tele with a Korg Pandora, and sometimes my Buckeye 20170519_082109.jpg

but since I've had it, my Mule and I have never spent a night under different roofs.
    20180506_092730.jpg

DonM and Sotakoira Musti like this.
  17. Sotakoira Musti

Currently in Inari, or Aanaar in Sámi language.

E13D0DFA-CD12-4F75-BA88-6F07FF28425B.png
    Hot as hell, 29c or 84F. Hands are busy slapping horseflies. Children playing in the park next to the Sámi people’s parliament- and culturehouse.

36AEC2A0-5419-4E8E-B58E-635ED7400A3E.jpeg

Went to the nearby Lemmenjoki river, which once was a location of Lapland gold rush. Well, time to head back to the cabin, I can hear a cold beer and Tele calling me!

perttime likes this.
  18. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Tele-Holic

I was a sensor operator aboard Navy P-3C Orions. I have a Carvin bass that has literally been around the world with me. It fit quite nicely behind the non-accoustic operator's seat.

kris ford and Sotakoira Musti like this.
  19. Sotakoira Musti

Cool! I bet that bass got a platinium frequent flyer card with those miles :D

Old Deaf Roadie likes this.
  20. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

Very cool.

Brave man, putting a natural finished tele next to the firewood! :)

DonM, dougstrum and Sotakoira Musti like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.