1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Taj Farrant

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by SacDAve, Mar 2, 2021.

1. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

Is anyone else following Taj Farrant? If yes post your favorite video

2. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

I've been watching him for the last couple of years. No favorite video. Kid has skills. But I'm not enamored with him. JMHO

3. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's

Coincidentally, I'm about 2 miles away from his home suburb at the moment, at the location of my first ever gig! Just popped in as I'm driving by to see if it still looked the same.. And it does

That Cal Webway likes this.
  4. Lost_N_Austin

Lost_N_Austin Friend of Leo's

To me this guy is the Future. This Tennessee Whiskey video is my favorite even though it is a few years old. He's even better now. Just try and watch his manipulation of the guitar pick as he changes from using the pick and using just his fingers.

Just as I felt when I was on stage with Taylor Swift (long story) at a Brad Paisley concert/show in San Antonio when she was only about 18 years old - I can tell you I was wishing I could buy stock in Taylor Swift.

I can't even imagine what we will be seeing when Taj has a few more years of exposure to the world. Your mileage and opinion might vary but just wait, watch and enjoy the ride.

Lost_N_Austin

SacDAve likes this.
  5. SacDAve

He's 11 now
    Yeah his "manipulation of the guitar pick" I noticed that also

6. SacDAve

Then he can sing also.

7. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

How old is he like 33?

8. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Not a big blues fan, but I think it's great this kid can run his interests to ground, pick up bits from hundreds of players going back at least as many years, then play what he enjoys.

I loved blues as a young player. Never heard any of the guys from before the 70s until I was older because they weren't playing Buddy Guy on the radio in the late 70s/early 80s and I didn't know anyone who had those records. I picked up a little from Billy Gibbons or Clapton or whoever, but that was really it.

Today? Go on Youtube and watch hours of Freddie King playing, then stream his entire catalog if you like. That's setting aside the instruction you can get for free, dudes from Berklee giving you daily tips. When I was a kid, you were gonna learn as much as the dude at your local music store could teach you, very little more.

When people complain about the state of music today, I wonder if they remember what it used to be like. Good on this kid, hope he's at it for a while.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.