Tabs - The Wild West

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Kitarkus, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Kitarkus

Kitarkus Tele-Meister

Is it just me? You find a good song somewhere on the interwebz with tabs attached. The accompanying video shows a nice approachable version of a song that you'd like to learn. The attached tabs look more like hieroglyphics than anything that makes a modicum of sense to my brain. Or at the least...the tabs provided only provide a glimpse into what is actually being played. This happens quite a lot to me and I'm starting to question my own intelligence. I'm VERY fond of Jerry's Guitar Bar https://www.jerrysguitarbar.com/ and his videos/tabs...he is detailed and does a superb job. Is there somewhere else that you know that has good song selection with HIGH QUALITY and detailed tabs?

2. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

the best way to get them right is to train your ears until you can do it yourself. I ve spent countless hours on transcribing a 2 seconds lick, because i find it fun. Of course, when you ve been slowing down and picking up guitar licks for 2 hours, your brain starts to play tricks on you because your ear is getting tired.

Otherwise, you can go on

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

the tabs are rated. Of course, a 5 stars rated tab doesn't mean it's good, but maybe you can get a good start to find the wrong spots and correct them.

If you need help, the folks here can tab a bit, i can too, not meaning it will be right, but it's a start.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.