1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tabs For The "SATB" Theme, "Eastbound & Down"?

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by tonytrout, Oct 16, 2015.

1. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Does anybody here know where I can find tabs for the SATB them song, "Eastbound/Westbound & Down"? I have wanted to learn that for years but have never had the guts to until after watching SATB a gazillion times (which, by the way, has to feature the coolest-ever design on the side of a trailer - a western scene! However, SATB II & III absolutely SUCK!

Anyway, if someone could help me out here with some tabs, I'd appreciate it.

(P.S. My uncle on my Mom's side of my family actually knew Jerry Reed in the early days before he hit it big. My uncle was what is called a boilermaker but...back in those days, I don't think he was doing that job. Either way, they honest-to-God used to hang out and he even spent a bit of time in Jerry's home with Jerry's wife and kids).

2. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

3. hymiepab

hymiepab Tele-Meister

4. jbmando

jbmando Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I thought this thread was going to be about a four part vocal arrangement.

5. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin

:D

6. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

There's two guitars going on there - but you can do a good impression of both with just one. Great song - gotta love Jerry Reed.

7. daves561

daves561 Tele-Meister

Not at all! Thanks for passing along.

8. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Oh, I know there's twin Teles playing. I just want to learn the song. A friend of mine in Texas (Redd knows him), Chris McElrath, does a damn fine job of playing this song. He actually got to sit in with one of the guitarists who played on the song (besides J.R.) the other night at a club in TX. It was great!!! Chris's wife shot video of it but....I don't want to share it without their permission. :(

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.