1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tablet screen sharing?

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by Jonloder, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Jonloder

Jonloder TDPRI Member

I need to set up a screen share between 3 or 4 tablets for sheet music. I've used Bandhelper with the AirTurn on the controlling tablet in the past but it can get a little glitchy. I've got the entire set on PDF. Before paying another year on Bandhelper, I was hoping that someone could recommend a good alternative. I don't mind paying but it needs to be solid.

2. mRtINY

mRtINY Friend of Leo's

Maybe you could explain why it needs to be a share screen instead of simply loading the PDFs on each machine?

Seems to me you wouldn't need a sharing app for tablets....

3. hotraman

hotraman Tele-Afflicted

If this for a church worship service, I suggest Music Stand, which a part of Planning Center. I use it on my iPad 6 all the time.

4. Jonloder

Jonloder TDPRI Member

With shared screens, only one of us needs to handle the pedal for page turning.

5. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Afflicted

Onsong does set sharing or set control to other iOS devices. Also controls sets using screen mirroring which is what I use. Mirrors the songs on my iPad out as I run thru the set over hdmi cable to a monitor (or 85” TV) in front of the band. You can string numerous hdmi monitors. Or feed a gigantic projection behind the band.

6. mRtINY

mRtINY Friend of Leo's

Ahh...

I guess I'm a total luddite with my music stand and 3 printed pages at a time.

7. Jonloder

Jonloder TDPRI Member

3 pages would be nice. We have three songs that have over 6 pages each. I've got a wide music stand but that's just too much.

We've been using Bandhelper for the last few years but, at over $100/yr, it's just not worth it. We just settled on Mobilesheets Pro. It's $12, it runs on Android, Windows & IOS. It works well with the Airturn pedal and you can have unlimited slave devices displaying what's on the controlling tablet.

8. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

OnSong, if you are using iPads. I’ve also used the Planing Center Music Stand app. OnSong works better. I’ve used OnSong since it was first offered, and is my go to app for music during a live performance at church. The recent integration with the foot pedals has been good, and with the latest updates, glitch free (well, except for the batteries dying....).

9. Jonloder

Jonloder TDPRI Member

I finally settled on Mobilesheets Pro. I couldn't be happier. It does exactly what we need. $12 for a perpetual license. All of our PDF sheet music can be kept on any cloud service (ONeDrive, Google, Dropbox). The way we have it set up, I keep one tablet as the master. I set up the setlists and synchronize to the cloud folder. All of the other tablets sync from that. For the event, whatever shows on my screen shows on theirs. The AirTurn pedal has been working flawlessly. I highly recommend it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.