1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tabbing out a Guthrie Trapp Piece by Levi Clay.....a must watch

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by historicus146, Dec 1, 2020.

1. historicus146

historicus146 Tele-Afflicted

Levi Clay is a master transcriber and he took to a Guthrie Trapp Fender promo vid and went through the steps of tabbing it out.
    A remarkable talent on both ends...Trapp and Clay.
    If you watch this vid, jump to the 7:00 minute mark to catch the beginning of the process.

StevesBoogie likes this.
  2. buster poser

buster poser Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

I've been on Guthrie's ArtistWorks 'course' since April, and literally just bought GuitarPro last week to start transcribing songs for the missus who is a beginner and finds tab a lot more useful than I do. This is helpful, but it's crazy watching Clay fly with that tool. Thanks!

3. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Holic

Yup, I purchased the transcription directly from Levi. About a fifth of the way in and it's darn accurate. This Guthrie Trapp piece is a blast to learn. He has this 'behind the beat' muted picking in the very beginning that's hard to copy 100%, it's one of the aspects of this piece that makes it great. And picking waaaaay down at the bridge is so cool.

4. historicus146

historicus146 Tele-Afflicted

Levi is one with that software. That company should approach him ... he is a marketing tool in the best sense. Brilliant in many regards.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.