Tab Benoit (..pronounced Benwah) THEN and NOW

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
I like tab a lot! I haven’t listened to him in awhile. He looks different , haven’t seen the longhair look - it’s good .
I got away from blues a bit . Might have to start digging back in

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
I wish I had a video of him in the early 90s with his first release. I saw him in Beaumont, Tx around 93 or 94. I like his earlier stuff best.
I'd bet that something from that era by Tab is on YouTube. Here is a live performance of Tab with Jimmy Thackery. Unusual to see Jimmy playing a Tele...

Roscoe295

Tele-Meister
Tab is great. Saw him for the first time a couple months ago (1st show I’ve attended in a long time).
Love his style & I think his voice is seriously underrated.

I hear a lot of John Lee Hooker in his playing.

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
He is a force. I've seen him live a couple of times and he and his band put on a great show.

The long hair is new and he wears it well. :cool:

Area51

Tele-Holic
It looks like he let his hair grow over COVID.

Saw him before covid with Samantha Fish. His hair was short then. He plays LOUD!

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
It looks like he let his hair grow over COVID.

Saw him before covid with Samantha Fish. His hair was short then. He plays LOUD!
I saw that tour too, in Colorado. Looks like they're still at it. I got to see Samantha up close and personal at Guitar Town in Copper Mountain a few years ago. Another powerful performer.

Last edited:

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I'd bet that something from that era by Tab is on YouTube. Here is a live performance of Tab with Jimmy Thackery. Unusual to see Jimmy playing a Tele...

The Tele is unusual for Jimmy. Tab and Jimmy had a short term band called Whiskey Store that did gigs and a couple of albums.

Area51

Tele-Holic
I saw that tour too, in Colorado. Looks like they're still at it. I got to see Samantha up close and personal at Guitar Town in Copper Mountain a few years ago. Another powerful performer.

At the Gothic Theater in Inglewood?