T style body for a fender neck

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by psuedonym, Sep 7, 2014.

1. psuedonym

psuedonym NEW MEMBER!

I really want a bound body tele, but they're pretty expensive. So I'm considering building my own with a squire body and a fender or warmoth neck. How much work would I need to do the neck pocket to fit a fender neck and intonate properly. would It bolt on or would I need to plug the holes and drill my own? is the pocket the right depth or would i have to shave or shim it to get the action right? Will it intonate properly? Also I don't like basswood bodies there to fragile, get beat up to easy and don't always like to hold screws well,this instrument is meant to be built for gigging. any ideas or suggestions about what will fit the easiest would greatly appreciated.

thanks Psuedonym

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  2. Rhomco

Rhomco Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Get yourself

A Squire Classic Vibe Custom Classic body. Perfect alder body and a perfect fit for Fender parts including the neck.
    Good luck with your project,
    Rob

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  3. jamesgmac

jamesgmac TDPRI Member

i recently purchased one of these in black- here's a link to a white one he's selling-
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUITAR-BODY...060?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c45c4785c

i think the quality is very good. i believe they're made in china. my warmoth neck fit perfectly. the only thing that's a tiny bit off are the string through holes- all the saddles had to be adjusted further forward to get the intonation correct. the holes on the body i go must have been drilled about 1/8" further away from the neck. but for the $130 or so it cost i'm totally happy with it. i did have to drill the holes for the neck screws- little hairy to do. here's a close up of the body...

Attached Files:

4. psuedonym

psuedonym NEW MEMBER!

Thanks Rhomco Guitars, that's the body i had in mind. I think that's what I'll get.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.