1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

T-armond + Charlie Christian Pickup

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Willandthewonts, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Willandthewonts

Willandthewonts Tele-Meister

Hello! I recently built a Warmoth Esquire with a TV Jones T-Armond pickup. I love the way it sounds, and I am hesitant to mess with it in any way. However, I occasionally have a hankering for a neck pickup. Mostly for recording, but also for some of our softer songs. I'm not a HUGE fan of the Dyanasonic neck pickup, as I feel like it sounds kind of hollow, so I am thinking of going in the direction of a Lollar CC or a TV Jones T-90. I love the way the CCs sound on every demo I've heard, but I'm wondering what y'all would think about pairing it with a Dynasonic.

I'm currently running 500k pots, as that's what TV jones recommends for the Dynasonic. I'm hoping that it would brighten up the CC enough to pair with the T-Armond effectively.

Have any of you tried anything like this? What were the results?

The TV Jones T-90 seems to be *Slightly* more tried and true, as the Dyna/P-90 combo is featured on the Gretsch Eddie Cochran model, but there still isn't a lot of info out there about how that functions.

I play pretty straight-ahead, high-energy Americana music. Think Bob Dylan meets the White Stripes.

RomanS likes this.
  2. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I know this thread is a few months old, but having just put a set of T-90s into a Thinline Cabronita (I started a thread on it), I think the T-90 neck would be a great match for the music you describe. The T-90 neck isn't muddy at all, and retains great clarity while still being full-bodied. One of the very few neck pickups I've ever owned I could see myself playing RHYTHM on, that's how nice it sounds slightly broken up (like for Americana ad blues).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.