Synths...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by dezb1, Jun 15, 2017.

1. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

Let's see if I can accurately do the roll call without turning around to look at it:

ARP 2600 on the left table
    Roland R5 and Yamaha PS-20 on main shelf
    Yamaha DX100 leaning up against the racks
    Roland JD-800, Roland Juno 106, Roland SH-101 on the stand
    Roland JV-880, Roland JV-2080, Kurzweil K2500RS, Proteus 1, 2 and 3 in the right side rack
    2X Roland JU-06, 2X Roland JX-03, 2X Roland JP-08, Roland A-01, Yamaha Reface CP and Reface YC on the floor (waiting to get racked)
    Alesis Q88, 3X M-Audio Keystation 61es in the closet waiting for me to figure out where to put them all, though 1 is a donor for other projects.
    TD-10 next to the computer desk, piano next to that.

Missed 1 -- the Little Bits synth currently on top of the 2600.

40 channels on the mixer, but it's getting crowded!

I have nothing against software, but I stare at a screen all day for my job.

studio1087 likes this.
  2. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I have an Akai Miniak with the mic. Lots of fun.

I had an old Roland JX3P. I regret selling it.

3. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I've got an old Roland SH-1000 in my spare room.... lord knows what all these switches and dials do....o_O

as far as I know it works, but where do you start when you're not a KB player?....

roland synthesiser1.jpg

roland synth controls.jpg

4. Allthesound

Allthesound Tele-Afflicted

Fantastic synth ! Rolands first and perhaps one of the best sounding mono synths imho. Smooth rich filters , fast envelopes (great for percussive sounds) this video was made entirely with the Sh-1000 with a lil delay and reverb sprinkled in. Very underrated synth. One of my all time favs. Congrats.

Greenmachine and trev333 like this.
  5. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

Where do you start? Hitting switches, twisting knobs, sliding sliders, and see what comes out!

6. ellisvertellis

ellisvertellis Tele-Holic

I'm trying to implement this into our band: a Siel Orchestra 2!

7. dezb1

dezb1 Tele-Holic

Well my 80s lofi synth addiction continues...
    PSS-480 digital, programmable, midi, 5 track sequencer - lots of fun.

[​IMG]

I did sell the Casio HT-700 - sticking with Yamaha

8. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Friggin' Cool Syths! And it looks like you're running them through a JC-120! Back in the 80's I had a an Ensoniq ESQ-1, and ran it through a JC-120. I had a piano patch that was killer. My piano teacher was blown away with the great sound it produced. Sadly, the ESQ-1 started having problems, so I sold it. I as sold the JC-120, well...traded it in on a Fender Precision Bass, one of my dumber moves, and one I still regret to this day. I do have a Ensoniq ZR-76 in mint condition, that I rarely played.

songtalk likes this.
  9. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Since this, I now have an ESQ-1 and a Roland Alpha Juno 2.

Probably going to get he new Roland D-05 as well.

I actually use that JC-120 for my guitar rig and run my keys and drum machines through a Yamaha mixer into a 1200 watt EV head and two 600 watt EV speakers.

10. JD0x0

JD0x0 Poster Extraordinaire

me, too. Holdsworth was no stranger to it, either. Currently I have a couple pedals that give my guitar a synth/midi sort of tone, and I also have a POG which can get me some interesting sounds, everything from Organ to Jamaican steel drum. If I use the Ebow, too it just adds to the synth-i-ness.

11. Kerberos

Ah...Ha! Hey that ESQ-1 was the best! Never understood why Alesis didn't build on it. I'm probably going to get rid of the ZR-76, I just don't use it, and though it does more than the ESQ-1, just not the same. I have a Yamaha P-80, love the action on the Keyboard, the Piano patch just sucks. Is that an older JC-120 with Line Inputs in the rear?

12. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

It's an 89. It's made in USA and I think has some inputs on the rear side. It's got most of the stuff that makes the older ones nicer and none of the plastic switches and stuff you get on the newer ones.

Ensoniq did build a slightly bigger better ESQ-1 called the SQ-80, but many prefer the ESQ-1 for its keybed.

13. Kerberos

Yeah...Preferred the older JC-120. Remember mine came out of Manny's in Mahattan. I bought it for that reason alone of having stereo line inputs, perfect for a Synth. And...I discovered what a great guitar amp it was as well! The owner was a customer of my fathers, he bought a couple of Saxes from him. Worked great with the ESQ-1. PS...John Carpenter used the ESQ-1 for some of his movies. He was a musician as well

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.