SX ash body, Fender or Allparts neck.

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by brmusician, May 5, 2021.

1. brmusician

brmusician TDPRI Member

Hi,

This topic was already discussed ten years ago, but I'd like to know if someone else tried to do this with more recent SX guitars. They are pretty affordable for a decent partscaster with an ash body and a CBS neck with bullet truss rod. Don't know the total cost in USA, but in Brazil that would be an affordable option in relation to a Fender MIM Classic Series. Will it work? Will the neck fit in the neck pocket? What about the bridge width?

2. Leonardocoate

Leonardocoate Tele-Meister

3. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

I own an assortment of SX/Douglas/Agile guitars. I wouldnt count on anything being consistent spec wise.

I'd say check out the stock neck before buying aftermarket. 2 things...
    a) You might like it. All my SX teles have the fat necks.
    b) You could measure the neck pocket before deciding on the aftermarket neck.

brmusician and PhredE like this.
  4. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

My SX liquid uses the same neck as the strat and tele SX guitars. I got lucky and got one with well leveled frets and some nice flame in neck and headstock (not on the maple board, 2 piece). mine is alder and even after pickup swap i havent needed to replace any of the OEM switches/pots. Its one of my favorite noodlers. Fat neck that i prefer to even to my Schecter PT.

brmusician likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.