SX - 72 Deluxe Tele Copy - Need Bridge info

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Missing Link, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Missing Link

Missing Link Tele-Meister

Hollo all, I need assistance from anyone that had changed out a SX 72 Deluxe Tele copy tremolo bridge that came with the guitar.
    First this is a super guitar to mod and so far it has needed very little but I noticed that when new its bridge saddles were very tight in the space available, and also the strings were not intonating 100% mainly the Low E string. It actually has bottomed out-see picture.
    As said it is a tremolo style bridge, probably a strat type. I have been all over the web looking for a strat style tremolo that would fit this SX without any luck. The main item that is holding it up is the post to post spacing that is 52-53mm wide not a norm.
    Bridge is 73.50mm wide and 33.40mm long. I have replace the old saddles that were aluminum that were dull sounding and installed steel saddles but they to are all jammed in the bridge as the originals were. So if anyone knows of a decent tremolo bridge (open sided) that they have install and fits A SX well please let me know.
    In the mean time I plan on shaving off both the sides of the new steel saddles to maybe help in the spacing but not so much I the intonation.

Cheers

DL245855.jpg DL245856.jpg

2. Missing Link

Well I found an excellent bridge replacement for the SX 72 tele copy that I have been upgrading. Found one on Amazon from Musiclily. Has a much nicer large Steel block better than the original and a nice tremolo handle. Not sure witch one is the PN so I just posted the picture of it.
    Only needed to open the one side (small opening) of the post slots with a file and it fit just fine. Now I put all Steel saddles in the new bridge, the ones that come with the new bridge are Aluminum, to dull.
    When played now it is a hair bit brighter treble side with the stock humbuckers that I plan on changing out in a few months.
    So if you want to get rid of the narrow tight bridge that comes with the SX, try this one.

Cheers

Attached Files:

NilsZippo likes this.
  3. NilsZippo

NilsZippo TDPRI Member

Nice find, especially considering the SX’s can sometimes a be PITA swapping out parts.

4. Missing Link

Honestly I was thinking to much into it, I had come to realize that the whammy cut out on the SX is just like a Stratocaster. I was mostly concerned on how long the replacement would be to make sure it covers any cut out area, this one was perfect. I does sound a bit brighter.
    Cheers

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.