Sweetwaters GT11

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by DrPepper, Jan 24, 2020.

1. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

These are on my radar. What do you guys think? The only thing I dislike about the specs is the reversed control plate, but that's an easy fix. Also, I'm out of candy.

old wrench and Fretting out like this.
  2. VillainSean

VillainSean Tele-Meister

You mean this series? Looks compelling, but I'm always looking...

Fretting out likes this.
  3. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

I wonder what vintage year that is copied after.

4. Fretting out

Fretting out Friend of Leo's

It actually looks pretty sweet to me , I’m just not really into this roasted maple fad that took hold over the last 5 years, but I don’t even like any tinting in the lacquer on my necks ala-AVRI 2012-2018
    I like them that way because they will eventually tan on their own and my non tinted necks look naturally(sweat/Smokey bar) look beautiful now

5. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

Well, as much as I want one, I'll just get some new pickups for my partscaster (aka the money pit) and be happy...

But, if I don't get a new guitar, it's amp time... :)

6. arlum

arlum Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

For that kind of money there're a lot of other electric guitars to take into consideration including many from highly respected boutique builders. If I were spending that much bread I would probably want it to reflect my design /build goals rather than Sweetwaters. Note* Of course, if Sweetwater has managed to chose the same design choices you would have selected on your own you're going to get a cost savings by ordering a GT11 model rather than ordering your own from the Fender Custom Shop. If you fall into this latter group ..... Go for it.

7. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Afflicted

The advertisement copy says 1963.

I like it, but then I always (almost :)) reverse the control plate on my players too.

Finally, I see a guitar where they're not hung up on some ones idea of a "vintage correct" neck radius. These GT11's have an 11" radius!

I've found that my own particular favorite neck radius is oddball too. I like an 8" to 11" compound radius the best out of all that I've experimented with :).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.