1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Sweetwater initiation

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Marc Morfei, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Made my first Sweetwater purchase yesterday, online. About 10 minutes after I placed the order I received a phone call from them confirming the order and giving me an estimated delivery date. Then they followed up later with a personal email from an actual individual sales associate person. Wow what service. Now I feel guilty I haven't always ordered from them in the past. It's easy for a retailer to lose a customer forever. But it's also possible to make a lifelong customer, with just a few simple gestures.

2. medownsouth

medownsouth Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Your order will come with candy :)

3. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

I like the candy,

vgallagher, irie, Gardo and 3 others like this.
  4. _MementoMori_

_MementoMori_ Tele-Afflicted

They really are the best. They call me periodically just to chat about the gear I've bought from them and ask if I'm still happy with it. I know it's a sales thing, but it comes off as sincere. At least to me it does.

5. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

I’ve never dealt with Sweetwater, but I worked retail for far too long. I don’t even like people much, and I managed to get handshakes at the end of a sale (in the before time), and return customers who asked for me by name. If miserable ol’ me can do it, so can others. Glad to hear at least one company is putting in the effort. And a shout out to you for giving a shout out to them—people are far more likely to broadcast their negative opinions than their warm and fuzzy ones.

6. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

Good folks,
    I so far. have made just small purchases at Sweetwater ( maybe 2 years now) but have a great email and phone relationship with my Sales rep.- conversational, never pushy.
    He stays in touch; a ' Thank You!' with every order
    Plus, the candy, Bit-O-Honey!

7. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Totally agree @Marc Morfei. They do it right. I also like their website the best, there is a consistency to the specs and features that is missing from other big name websites. Whenever a product comes up that I want to look at, I always go to Sweetwater first.

I was going to say that you should expect 100% accuracy on your delivery date promise ... but, with all of the inclement weather going on this week, that might be at risk, but that is no fault of Sweetwater.

8. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Poster Extraordinaire

Of course, then you have curmudgeons who say...

"About 10 minutes after I placed the order I received an annoying sales phone call from some salesperson. I hung up on them. Then they had the nerve to follow it up with a spam email I immediately flagged as junk. And, to top it off, they put candy in the order and I'm diabetic. Are they trying to kill me? I'll never do business with a company like that again! I just want to buy stuff and be left alone! Harrumph!!!"

9. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

They will keep calling , and calling , and calling so that you don't forget them :)

drmordo, Wobbles, SacDAve and 2 others like this.
  10. scelestus

scelestus Tele-Holic

I really try to buy locally, but Sweetwater is the #1 non-local place I'll go to. In fact, my sales engineer used to work in a local place - I think he decided that if he was going to do musical instrument and equipment sales, he was going to do it right and potentially make it a career so he moved to Fort Wayne and started working at Sweetwater. When he did that I called them and specifically asked that I be on his list.

I'm only a couple of hours away but if I order by the early afternoon the free shipping has stuff on my doorstep in 24 hours.

The only problem is that my sales engineer's tastes are more expensive than mine, so I feel cheap whenever I get his recommendations!

Edit: They do sometimes call when I don't expect it. And their number shows up as a Tesla Charging Station calling me. The first time that happened I told my engineer he must be doing really well!

johmica, tery and stormsedge like this.
  11. Twofingerlou

Twofingerlou Tele-Meister

They always ship quick but they use fedex, and fedex often likes to drop the ball.

12. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

When I started purchasing from SW, I asked for the same rep a buddy of mine deals with...someday there may be power in numbers:twisted:. Great service, although I've only bought a few smallish items at this point...I may be living on the good will created by my friend's spending habits:D.

13. tbp0701

tbp0701 Tele-Afflicted

Yes, that is a nice touch. Although my first order didn't come with candy, the ones afterwards did. (The first order was a Vox Pathfinder 15R bought and received shortly before Christmas, so their getting it to me fast was appreciated more than candy).

I've found the sales rep makes a tremendous difference. I'd sent a couple inquiries and was assigned a sales rep, but he wasn't much for responding. When I bought the amp I got a call from a different rep who was great, and I bought quite a few things through him over the next few years. He evidently left a bit over a year ago. The current one is decent, but not in the same league.

Anyway, expect to get a check-in call every few months.

14. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

My wife the bass player, is on a first name basis with her SW representative. Her top if not only place to buy gear.

Me? Ummmm, well lets just say I have to look through her hardcopy SW catalogs these days and my sales rep does not call me anymore.:(

15. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I've had nothing but good experiences with Sweetwater.

16. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Afflicted

This is me.

Wobbles and GGardner like this.
  17. Mission6_OG

Mission6_OG Tele-Meister

And that one sales associate stays with you as long as you are a customer there. I’ve bought enough stuff there and asked enough questions, my sakes associate had gotten to know me pretty well. While I do try to keep my money local to me and to my local stores, it’s hard not to buy from them.

18. markal

markal Tele-Afflicted

I have made only small purchases at Sweetwater (a couple of pedals etc.), but if and when I make a large online purchase again, it will almost certainly be with them. However, I live near Wildwood guitars and they have a great selection and I’d like to spend more time there when I’m ready for a new amp or guitar. Of course, most of their selection is out of my price range, but still....

Old Plank likes this.
  19. ale.istotle

ale.istotle Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I am that curmudgeon. I'd rather check a box that says "Do not call." I don't mind emails.
    I'd also rather avoid the greeters at big box stores and go wander off by myself to see what they have. The three guys at the door to the local home improvement store are the nicest you would ever want to meet and also the worst. Half the fun is wandering around and looking.

Wyzsard, Dog Bite and tery like this.
  20. groovezilla79

groovezilla79 Tele-Meister

They really are the Chic Fil A of the retail market. I've worked with my sales engineer, Ian McGhee, for several years on stuff for both myself and my church. Always top notch service and never any pushy tactics.

StevesBoogie likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.