1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Sweetwater calls and emails - Why?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by sixstringbastard, Feb 24, 2021.

25 or 6 to 4?

1. 25

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. 6 to 4

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Punt

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. graybeard65

graybeard65 Tele-Meister

I asked Sweetwater not to call anymore, and they thanked me for my feedback, and quit calling...wasn't an issue. Musician's Friend, on the other hand? I had to block their calls after the second request that they leave me TF alone. Seemed skeevy that they wouldn't quit, and I quit doing business there. I vote with my wallet

MilwMark and sixstringbastard like this.
  2. teletail

teletail Tele-Afflicted

Why? Because it generates more sales than it loses. It aint rocket science. ;)

3. sixstringbastard

sixstringbastard Friend of Leo's

Sorry, but I absolutely do not believe that any company cares for me.

They care for my money, especially if I'm giving it to them.

goonie and beyer160 like this.
  4. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Afflicted

Me:
    Hi Sweetwater Salesperson. Thanks for checking. My last order was great. Just so you know, I value my time and privacy at a premium. I’d prefer not to be contacted. I’ll reach out to you if I need anything. Thanks again and have a great day.
    Sweetwater Salesperson:
    Great, glad that last order worked out for you. I’ll update my records with your contact preferences. Let me know anytime I can help. Bye

Me: wonders how anyone has problems after this pleasant, short exchange. I certainly haven’t.

5. sixstringbastard

I just got off of the phone with my Sales Engineer and he's taken me off of the contact list.

You guys rock! Thanks for the advice!

6. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

My sales guy will call once in a while asking if I’m enjoying my last purchase. We usually just talk gear. He’s never asked for a review.

SRHmusic and sixstringbastard like this.
  7. sixstringbastard

:)

8. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

It’s just an aggressive sales strategy. I personally hate it and don’t respond.
    If I need something I’ll call (but not Sweetwater).

sixstringbastard likes this.
  9. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

I just told my guy there that I’d prefer if he didn’t call, I’ll let him know if I need anything. Poof. Just like magic, no more calls.

10. sixstringbastard

Yep, I just got off of the phone with him. No more phone calls or emails.

unixfish and Jakedog like this.
  11. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Poster Extraordinaire

Funny how that works. It's like they actually want to keep your business, or something. :)

12. jays0n

jays0n Tele-Holic

My Sweetwater sales dude used to be really great (i got a new dude lately for some reason). He would call and just check in, as others have mentioned and was never offensive and if i said, "hey I am good at the moment" he would just disappear. However sometimes i might have been pondering buying something and would be reminded and ask him to do research or digging for me, and he would go away and come back with either what i needed or an apology. A couple times he tracked down some pretty odd stuff for me. Like when i needed a cover for a Fender amp from the 80s. It was one of those Rivera era models and a sort of odd size. I had been thinking about trying to locate a cover but the time to do it did not seem worth it. He had happened to call and i put him onto that task. He probably spent more in salary looking for it than i ultimately paid for the cover he located. I did nothing but talk for a few min on the phone then later recite my credit card number to get my $25 fender amp cover that ended up firing perfectly.

the new dude has let me down lately when i tried to ask for help though. :(

Jakedog, Chud and sixstringbastard like this.
  13. sixstringbastard

Yeah, but many decades working in corporate America has taught me to never expect logic or reason, especially in regard to sales.

14. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Poster Extraordinaire

So I'm guessing you weren't on the sales side. :)

When I worked in radio production and operations, some of "us" often forgot who was keeping the lights on.

15. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

i like sweetwater. but i don't have much of a social life.

16. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Yep, this also for me. When I've emailed asking about specifics on different pieces of gear, experience with defects/returns, etc my SW guy has always gone the extra mile even if it didn't result in a sale in that particular instance. And he hasn't always been able to meet or beat pricing I've gotten elsewhere, but he's always tried.

jays0n and sixstringbastard like this.
  17. Tuneup

Tuneup Tele-Holic

I told my sales agent don't do that, now he only calls if there is a delay or problem with the shipping or some such.

I occasionally get a "thanks for doing business with us" email from Chuck but I don't mind that.

jays0n and sixstringbastard like this.
  18. sixstringbastard

Yeah, I've heard nonsensical ******** like that from some sales coworkers.

I can tell you this, in my experience, sales could screw up a one car parade. Too often, it's a empty platitudes and minimal work ethic.

Meanwhile, the rest of the organization has to screech to a halt to meet the ridiculous promises of some clueless Alpha Sales Human.
    And in doing this firedrill, potentially ruin the delivery of other sales.

No thanks. I can live without Alpha Sales Humans and their golf obsession.

19. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

This.

I don’t mind the call. However @sixstringbastard, if you want them to not call, first politely tell the guy who they have handling your orders that you don’t want a follow up phone call again(I believe the emails are essentially automatic and contain receipts and tracking info). Next time, if they call, keep the guy on the phone for half an hour or more asking silly questions about your gear. They will find a reason to not call you....

20. John_B

John_B Tele-Meister

I put up with their emails and mark them as spam and occasionally read them. I really like my rep but I am really small potatoes to them, I don't seem to make a $500 purchase but every two years. Lots of little stuff though and they ALWAYS thank me. I appreciate that but hate that they are wasting time.

I like everything about them. Great sales rep, great CS and they ship fast, very fast!!!

I was in Sales three different times in the music biz. Sales is not my cup of tea. Guitar repair is.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.