Sweetwater and the Bit O Honey

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Twang Factor 10, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

Amp and Electronics supplier TubeTown here in Germany used to put some candy in the box. apparently not anymore. :(

Wonder how big the outrage would be, right here, if Sweetwater stopped the tradition?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  2. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

i do not eat candy so i just leave it on the counter till my sister shows up with her boys.
    but, its true they have great customer service but you pay for that. should we be impressed? i dunno the answer. i will say i personally would rather get a email than a phone call. i hate the phone.. but my sales agent called me the other day out of the blue. we talked for 15 mins or so and then on our way. now if i was expecting the call after a order i probably would of been annoyed as i hate the phone.. but random.. caught me in a mood to talk i guess. one thing i will say, if you take a tour of there store on line.. it looks like a fantastic place to work. have to give them credit there.
    chris.

3. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

I stopped in there once. Looks like nice place to work. Pool tables and game machines and jam rooms got break. Big cafeteria. Maybe not as cool as google world hq but nice

4. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

With the added sugar, do they want you to actually RTFM and understand it?

or is that just a side effect? :lol:

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Last two things we got from SW didn't come with candy ... bummer ... but,

they were download software. :rolleyes:

They have a great tech support group there too.

We always try to order from there first.

6. Kid Kactus

Kid Kactus Tele-Meister

I worked as a school rep for a small music store...we threw in candy with all school band and choral orders. Kind of a neat touch and we got complements for being "the good guys."

A customer relations builder, if nothing else.

7. MDMachiavelli

MDMachiavelli Tele-Afflicted

Received a Pedaltrain 2 and a power supply from them yesterday. In the box was 2 tootsie rolls, smarties, and a piece of peppermint. Oh yeah, and a Fire Ball.

8. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I ordered a hand held recorder just this morning. My rep called me within an hour to make sure he had the right shipping address. I saw the recorder on a different site, but since Sweetwater had it at the same price, I got it from them.

9. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

The drop of candy is not worth the constant sales calls months after. I'm sure Sweetwater is great place to shop, but not for me.

10. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

They should maintain a "do not call" list. I have heard several people say it bothers them.

11. shovelrider

shovelrider Tele-Afflicted

Interesting. I haven't had "constant calls". My rep calls once, maybe twice a year. Never trying to push anything and just asks if my past purchases were still ok with no issues. About 30-60 seconds tops unless I have anything to ask about. I don't have a problem with that given their top notch service. Sweetwater isn't like say Comcast that don't care how many times you tell them not to call you. If you tell your rep that you prefer not to receive phone calls from them, they would probably honor that.

12. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

Just the fact that I would have to tell someone "please don't call me" annoys me. I know many people love sweetwater, but I don't like sales people pretending they give a crap about anything I'm saying. The bottom line is they just want to make another sale. Nothing wrong with that, but count me out.

13. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

+1 Yep me too. My rep only calls about twice a year.

14. BobbyB

BobbyB Tele-Afflicted

Love Sweetwater!
    Great service.
    Dont mind a email or call from the rep at all.
    They never over do it.

15. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

I eat the Smarties and throw all they other stuff away.
    [​IMG]

16. MDMachiavelli

MDMachiavelli Tele-Afflicted

I don't mind the calls, and they are nowhere near "constant". I get them more than once or twice a year but nothing I would label constant. At the most every other month.

Just this past Christmas I ordered my daughter a piano and about 10 days before Christmas I got it out of the box to make sure it worked. Well guess what, it didn't. I immediately called my rep, who I have a relationship with, and he shipped me another one out while we were on the phone. He didn't charge me for anything or wait until I shipped the defective one back. I didn't pay for any shipping, the original shipment, the second one, or the return.

It was there in time for my daughters Christmas and she was happy. I'm not sure that would have happened with any other big box company. If that is the trade-off for the 5 or 6 calls a year it is a no brainer for me.

17. Tazz3

Tazz3 Friend of Leo's

I allways try to buy my stuff from sweetwater my salesman is Bart,
    I though the bit o honey was gum and I allmost broke my thooth

18. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

I enjoyed bit o honey as a kid, it's a slap from the past.

I ordered a clip on tuner, comes in a big box (free shipping) with a glossy four page Sweetwater advert and some candy. Later I get a follow up phone message,.. You would think they've lost money on me.

19. Georox

Georox Friend of Leo's

Can you say......crabby? Sure you can....

20. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I had one transaction with them, it was some what of a confused ordeal. Item was fine, shipping was prompt. Pretty much a wash. At the end of the day, they had something I wanted, I paid MAP for it and they shipped it to my address. I guess I made it clear during the back and forth that I was a little irritated, because I never heard from them again. And, I threw the candy in the trash, it's really the silliest way to show customer appreciation that I can think of.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.