1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Swart players: Master combo, or MkII head/cab?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by ruger9, Feb 26, 2021.

1. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I'm looking to buy, this year, my bucket list amp of a Swart AST... it's either going to be the Master Combo, or the MkII Head/Cab. Both will have the Mojo BV-25 in it, as I like that speaker in the Swart circuit.

I'm having a heck of a time deciding... head/cab, or combo? In general, I'm a combo guy. But I am being romanced by the viewable power tubes in the MkII head, lol... it's not really about mobility for me, this will likely be a home-only amp. The 1x12 cab is basically the same size as the combo cab; just wondering how different they sound? I think I've read one person here say they sound quite a bit different? (which would surprise me).

Also, all my amps have controls on the front. I have no problem with the Master Combo's top-mounted controls, but front is all that much easier, I suppose....

Anyone played both the head/cab and the master combo, and can give any comparison, sound-wise?

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 12.59.47 PM.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.